Newcomer Needs a Bit of Advice, Please

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Viking Queen

Blackhawk
Gentlemen,

I am new to the "gun world", have two new Rugers, LCR and LC9, enjoy them quite a lot, but would like to learn more about older, early generations of Rugers, especially revolvers.

Do any of you have a recomendation on a good book that would get me started in the right direction? Is there a "bible" of Ruger firearms out there?

Thank you - Viking Queen

G2

Hunter
Start here;

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=954200&catid=8349

Then here;

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=305170&catid=8488

This one is sold out but might be able to find a copy right here in the classifieds. Place a WTB

AND,,,I have heard this is both of the above with a little more current/ up to date info. I don't know for sure,,, as I bought one of these from the Author a few years back at the NRA show in PHX, AZ and somehow left it behind in the Ruger Collectors Booth, Hope it shows it's face some day.... :roll:

http://www.gunandswordcollector.com/Templates/book%20pages/dougan.html

americal

Hunter
G2 is right--put a WTB add in the classified section --some books by Jeff Munnell also---WELCOME to the forum :D its not a easy subject but plenty of books out there--good time to buy older Rugers --money is tight --there have been some fine old model rugers in the classified that were priced right 8)

Viking Queen

Blackhawk
Thank you both, ever so much. I knew someone would come through for me.

What a wealth of information you all are, and generous in sharing that info as well.

Have a wonderful weekend! Viking Queen

flatgate

Hawkeye
Welcome to Ruger Forum!

In all honesty, IMHO, the links/books featured above aren't quite what you are looking for. You need a copy of Ruger and His Guns. I'm sure a Google Search would find you one.

61168998.jpg

My copy has given me much enjoyment and even a wee bit of knowledge.

JMHO,

flatgate

flatgate said:
Welcome to Ruger Forum!

In all honesty, IMHO, the links/books featured above aren't quite what you are looking for. You need a copy of Ruger and His Guns. I'm sure a Google Search would find you one.

JMHO,

flatgate

I agree! While it's less technical it gives the history of the guns and the Company. A great book that might
even get one interested in some of the longer Rugers.

Dennis.

Viking Queen said:
Gentlemen,

I am new to the "gun world", have two new Rugers, LCR and LC9, enjoy them quite a lot, but would like to learn more about older, early generations of Rugers, especially revolvers.

Do any of you have a recomendation on a good book that would get me started in the right direction? Is there a "bible" of Ruger firearms out there?

Thank you - Viking Queen

VQ Come on down to CGCA show in Denver on the 14th & 15th & look for the Ruger Display flatgate & I will be there & flatgate know "Old Models" well! I will have some books you can look at.

chet15

Hawkeye
Viking Queen said:
Gentlemen,

Thank you - Viking Queen

Red Eagle News Exhange and the "Reference of Ruger Firearms" has all the info one could ever want on any Ruger firearm model ever made. Send me a PM and I'll send you the details.
Chet15

americal

Hunter
flatgate said:
Welcome to Ruger Forum!

61168998.jpg

JMHO,

flatgate
flatgate all my books in that shape have food & drink stains in it :lol:

Viking Queen

Blackhawk
Again, thank you, gentlemen for all the assistance, and the invite to the show this weekend in Denver. Unfortunately, I have some other (Mom) obligations this weekend that I could not shift around. Another time, for next years show I presume, I will be able to plan ahead and make sure I have Mom covered with another caregiver. She does pretty well for a 93 yr old lady Marine, but needs help with meals and a few other tasks so can't be left alone.

Who knows, If I left Mom alone for the day the Standard Poodle, Iris, might just take over the household. They are smart and quite capable of running the world, or so they think. Rocket Scientists in little curly suits, don't you know!

We'll meet up some other time, and thanks again for book suggestions, I'll be acquiring a couple of them soon.

Have a great weekend, all, Viking Queen

Latest posts