45 Bisleys flutes on "wrong" cylinder

Help Support Ruger Forum:

COR

Blackhawk
Just noticed an ad (RF classifieds) for a SS Bisley but the fluted cylinder was the 45 Long Colt and the unfluted was the 45 ACP. This is an interesting twist on that series and IMHO I prefer the fluted look on the 45LC with flutes that I shoot most often. Is this a mistake? I don't collect but I was curious as to this change and whther it had been noted by anyone?

This also would beg the question...Would Ruger fit a fluted 45LC cylinder to and existing gun? A phone call on Monday may be in order...

I personally love this change for the pure aesthetics.

anything is possible, probable? nah, my bet is the seller has his "chambering" mixed up................one can say ANYTHING, the proof is the "seeing", and I'd NOT go by pictures either, Photoshop is wonderful for some folks ( I 'm lucky I can spell it....) :roll:

Yes it would be an very interesting concept as you say............why not?

G2

Hunter
I have seen the Post you are talking about, I too don't think the Bisley Rollmark Cylinder is a 45ACP. I thought it would be interesting to watch :shock: the wash on this one.

However the 45 Colt Fluted, Yes I think that Ruger would fit one of those up.

Recently I turned my 45Colt Vaquero Birdshead into a Convertible 45 Colt / 45 ACP. All Fruited up... :D

I have a Bisley Cylinder that fit's it too, installed it would be a Birdshead Bisley Convertible...?? :roll:
P1010005-20.jpg

bisley32

Single-Sixer
I will know tomorrow.I spoke to the seller and he assured me that the LC cylinder is fluted and the ACP cylinder is engraved.Mine should be here tomorrow.Can't wait to see it,I'll post how it turns out.Bisley32

COR

Blackhawk
I hope it's the only mistake one they made! You'll have a peach of a collectible one there!

I actually prefer the fluted look. Never much cared for the shallow engraving on the Long Colt cylinder. Much brather it be bare if I had my druthers.

Can't wait to hear/see the results... at this point I take the seller at his word and I hope I am right.

bisley32

Single-Sixer
Picked up the Bisley today.The 45LC cylinder is engraved,not fluted,the 45ACP cylinder is fluted.Turns out it is like all the others.What a dissappointment! Particularly since they were advertised that way and I asked again before I agreed to buy one and was assured that they were as advertised.With the 45LC being fluted.

COR

Blackhawk
Not my business but I'd be making a phone call and asking for that to be made right. A refund would not be out of the question either.

That's kinda lousy in my humble opinion.

bisley32

Single-Sixer
I contacted the seller and he is supposed to be sending me a partial refund.It seems to have been a honest mistake on his part.He is willing to try and make it right anyway.If I get the refund we agreed on,I will be completley satisfied.Bisley32