Ruger & His Guns - signed edition

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JNewell

Single-Sixer
bearcatter said:
I have the $24 dollar reprint, looks just like the $80 original, bought at Books-A-Million. All I need.

Some of those were printed in China... :shock:

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
HAWKEYE#28 said:
Buy the book, 8) and buy all the Dougan books......... :) .

Ruger Pistols & Revolvers just arrived and will sit on the bookshelf next to Dougan's other books. Just ordered Wilson's book from Amazon in Canada which usually doesn't have such items. Cost $30.88 cdn all in. Lots of reading to do while waitng for my next two OM's to get here next month.

Mike

JCCVaquero

Bearcat
I paid Wilson extra money for a signed copy of the book. Long before he was discredited. I thought a signed copy might be worth the extra expense. After the trouble he got in I agree with other posters that his expertice tanted at least and bogus at worst.

The book is a good read, about Bill Ruger in particular. It is full of insights that Bill Ruger built his business around. I am not sure if the "post Ruger company" operates by the same principles.

Maybe injection molded plastic is as good injection molded aluminum but I am sure that painted finish is not as good a polished steel. Bill Ruger would likely have a hemorage. [/list]

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Got the book in hand now. I already had the other 2 covers but thought this one would be good to add as well. IMO, Wilson's signature adds a bit I guess but having Bill Ruger's signature is what sold me on it. Funny that everyone seems to not notice or at least not make mention that this was there as well and simply dwell on the RLW sig.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Fox Mike said:
I am a bit confused. Is the information in the book incorrect or simply was taken from other sources?

The serial number lists seem to be in error. The rest of the volume contains information that's not available from any other source.

Bottom line?

All in all Ruger and His Guns is PRICELESS!

Of course, JMHO!

flatgate

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
Ale-8(1) said:
Even an alleged crook can do good work.

;)

If you guys hadn't brought the matter up to begin this topic I might not have known about the book at least not for a while longer. As it is my interest was piqued and I now have the new (cheaper) reprint. Good read and as my interest is OM revolvers I probably wouldn't have read some of the other fine guns Mr. Ruger made.

Mike

JNewell said:
bearcatter said:
I have the $24 dollar reprint, looks just like the $80 original, bought at Books-A-Million. All I need.

Some of those were printed in China... :shock:

My original hardback copy of Dougan's latest was printed in China. I suspect they all were.

It's very nicely done. I refer to it almost daily.

:)

Latest posts