anyone have ruger reblue a security six?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

eyeseeum

Bearcat
thinking of getting 6 inch shooter done. heard ruger will reblue one. wondering what the cost is and what the results have been. any input appreciated.

As far as I know, at this time, Ruger will not perform ANY maintenance on the Six series DA revolvers because of them being out of production for so long. They basically do not have any parts for them anymore also.

Best bet is to find a gunsmith who can do a good reblue it for you. Be advised, a reblue will not look like it came from the factory due to the changes in the chemicals used to blue guns nowadays.

The other option, depending on how you are going to use it, is to just leave it as is and shoot it and keep it cleaned and lubed or have someone Cerakote it for you. With the Cerakote you can have it just about any color you want, or multiple colors (frame one color, cylinder, hammer, trigger, etc. a different contrasting color).

eyeseeum

Bearcat
Thanks for the info guys. Ron I believe I will just shoot it as is. Just curious. No need to mess up a good thing. I do have a Buckmark that I had Cerakoted and like it a lot but I will probably direct the money into ammo.

biker50

Bearcat
I don't knowif they will do a security six, but a friend had them do an old 3 screw single six that was in pretty tough shape. It had rust spots all over it, had not been very well taken care of and they did a great job. When it came back you couldn't tell where the old rust pits were. I think it cost him about $125 plus shipping.

Latest posts