Kudos to DougGuy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dtrayers

Bearcat
I was getting a lot of leading with handloads using commercial cast bullets, so I sent the cylinder from my Bisley .45 to DougGuy to be reamed to 0.4525". At the same time, I had him work on the hammer to reduce creep. In my dialog with him, he recommended trying Montana Bullet Works, so I ordered a couple of hundred and waiting for them to arrive.

I just got the parts back today and reinstalled. 0.452 bullets slide through now with just the hint of drag. I'll hopefully get to the range tomorrow to test.

What I can say, as of now, is how nice the trigger is. It wasn't bad before. It had a nice break, but just enough takeup creep to be noticeable and annoying. I have a nicely tuned GP100MC with no creep in SA and wanted the Bisley to be similar. Now, the trigger is a nice 3lbs-2oz and no creep. I love it.

I'll give a range report as soon as I can get there, but for just the better trigger, my hat is off to Doug with my thanks. His price was reasonable, he communicates well, and he worked really fast. From the time I dropped it off at the post office to the time I had it back was one week.

contender

Ruger Guru
Yep,, DougGuy is top notch. I do a lot of my own work,,, but I needed something that I didn't have the right tools for. He did an excellent job for me as well.

skyraider6

Bearcat
I sent a pair of 32 H&R Magnum Cylinders to Doug that both of which needed to be opened up for the plated bullets I will be using in my reloads (.312). The communication was great and the work was even better, throats are now .3125 smooth and blue. Turn around was a matter of days, a fair price and very nice work.