Sometimes I am not the sharpest tack. 257 Roberts

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunzo

Hunter
Maybe not the very same gun, but with the net, now is the best & easiest time in my 70 years to find what you want.

You may not like some of the prices you see, but keep at least 2 things in mind. There are some rarities that result in high asking prices, and the fact we're living in double digit inflation.

They are out there!

I regret selling my three Ruger convertible single actions (.22, .357 & .45) years ago, but I had to pay off an unexpected bill from the IRS, so most of the firearms I owned at the time found new owners. Just a little bump on the road of life! If I decided to rectify that error today, I might approach things differently, and start by looking for a shootable .40/10mm convertible!
:)

Chief 101

Hunter
I did the same thing...Ruger M77 257 Roberts trade in for Ruger #1B 6mm Remington. Not unhappy with this deal as I still have the 6mm and use it now and then...

FFguide

Bearcat
I truthfully agree with Contender. I do not sell guns. I think of a gun like a once-read book. After discovering a book that I may have read one, maybe two times, I find interesting information that I missed on previous reading. Not unlike(double negative) a firearm that has not been used for awhile, I take it out and shoot it to rekindle the relationship and realize the reason I bought it in the first place. Some, if not used a lot gives me satisfaction just holding it after I complete cleaning and maintenance. Just me.

BULL'S-EYE

Buckeye
I once had a beautiful red pad No. 1 chambered in 220 Swift back in the late 80's. It was simply an outstanding rifle, VERY accurate...And, also had some of the nicest wood I've ever seen on any Ruger rifle. I sold it in the early 90's because, at that time, Swift ammo & brass had become almost impossible to find, and prohibitively expensive (at least for me at the time anyway) whenever I did. I'd LOVE to have that one back, but it's a long time gone & whereabouts unknown now.

gatling

Blackhawk
Not a Ruger, but I have a Kimber in .257 Roberts that is more accurate than any lightweight hunting rifle has a right to be. I'll never sell it.

160813_3175-900.jpg

larry8

Blackhawk
Not a Ruger, but I have a Kimber in .257 Roberts that is more accurate than any lightweight hunting rifle has a right to be. I'll never sell it.

160813_3175-900.jpg
Ya, I would never sell a gun with that gorgeous wood even if I didn't like the gun.

Ralph H

Bearcat
Greetings, Gentlemen,

This is not a Ruger, but is a .257 Roberts. I built this rifle in 1954 when I was 18 year old. I was visiting my dad's house one day. I didn't live with him. In his junk barrel was the receiver, bolt, and magazine from a Carcano Type I. I asked if I could have it. He said yes, but didn't know what I could do with it.

Almost a year later and a Johnson Feather weight barrel, an adjustable trigger of my own design, maple stock, Lyman Alaskan scope with a 6 power Litschert attachment lens.
This is the most accurate rifle I have ever shot. Put my heart and soul into it.

Attachments

• Type 1-Btm.jpg
    Type 1-Btm.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Type 1-close.jpg
    Type 1-close.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 31
  • Type 1-L.jpg
    Type 1-L.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Type 1-R.jpg
    Type 1-R.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

rwp315

Single-Sixer
Years ago, I owned A Ruger M77 in .257 Roberts. NIB. Pretty wood.

I traded it for some other firearm (do not remember what)

REALLY wish I did not do that. :(

Anyone else have a Ruger they wish they could get back?
Ruger 77 factory sights in 358 Winchester.

gatling

Blackhawk
Greetings, Gentlemen,

This is not a Ruger, but is a .257 Roberts. I built this rifle in 1954 when I was 18 year old. I was visiting my dad's house one day. I didn't live with him. In his junk barrel was the receiver, bolt, and magazine from a Carcano Type I. I asked if I could have it. He said yes, but didn't know what I could do with it.

Almost a year later and a Johnson Feather weight barrel, an adjustable trigger of my own design, maple stock, Lyman Alaskan scope with a 6 power Lischert attachment lens.
This is the most accurate rifle I have ever shot. Put my heart and soul into it.
Beautiful, and a great provenance to go with it. Thanks for sharing.

41Dude

Single-Sixer
An original Magnaport Special old model Super Blackhawk, 4 5/8" with satin nickel finish. Needed money and sold it for what I'd paid for it, $200. Duh.
Ouch. That hurt.

Local gun dealer back in 1972 had Colt Trooper mk III's and Colt Pythons in the case.
I REFUSED to pay the extra $25.00 for the Python. Instead paid $150.00 for the MkIII
Colt Python for $175.00? That still hurts me thinking about it.