Carpal Tunnel surgery in the morning...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Not looking forward to it, but will be relieved when the pain is gone. The electric stimuli indicated I should/could do both, but I'm not gonna do them at the same time, so they are doing the steroid injection in the other. It is spring - so much to do- I hope the recovery is fast, and I need at least one hand to mow. etc.

Such a deal.

Slidboot

Bearcat
I had surgery on one, injection on the other. Surgery was uncomfortable and the bulky bandage a hassle but it turned out well. The other is better but not as good.

I will need surgery on the one that was injected but for now it's okay.
I had it years ago on my right hand. My hand felt so much better, I rode my motorcycle on the day I had the surgery (afterward). Recovery is basically nothing.
I should've had it done on both, but medical advice at the time was not to unless you wanted to find out how much your wife really loves you. Hah.

I had both hands done (not at the same time) in late 2008 and early 2009. These are the only surgeries I've had that came out as advertised. First one was EXTREMELY painful as the big needle was inserted first and then numbing administered. Second one, a mild sedative was administered by IV and hardly felt the needle in the wrist.
My 'post surgery rehab' consisted entirely of sizing and loading .223 ammo. Worked out pretty darned good. :devilish: :devilish:

41Dude

Single-Sixer
Not looking forward to it, but will be relieved when the pain is gone. The electric stimuli indicated I should/could do both, but I'm not gonna do them at the same time, so they are doing the steroid injection in the other. It is spring - so much to do- I hope the recovery is fast, and I need at least one hand to mow. etc.

Such a deal.

Make sure to take along your laptop. We would miss your sense of humor if you are offline for too long. 😉
And listen to your Doc. I have seen a few folks have a hard time with recovery doing too much too soon.

Cholo

Staff member
I had mine done a year apart in '91/'92. They ached a little, but I didn't even need the pain meds.

Don't worry about a thing, and good luck!

Threespears

Single-Sixer
No problem, I had both of mine done at the same time.
My only problem is that I found out how few friends I really have.(I was needing help in the bathroom )doing some paperwork 🤣
BC443CEA-FD6C-46AF-90F6-6047CA06DED1.jpeg

There are a couple of really good reasons NOT to have both done at the same time.
As far as work went, I took a week off for the surgery and limited duty for 3 weeks since I could do all/most of my work with either hand.

Latest posts