Anyone ever purchase a handgun because you already owned the holster?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
About 43 years ago I bought a Ruger 22 auto pistol magazine at a flea market for $10.00 before I ever owned a Ruger pistol. I knew what it fit because my friend has a Mark 1 with the same double slot magazine. A couple months later I bought a Ruger 6 inch Standard model with it's box and paperwork at a pawnshop because I had read Ruger was about to quit making them. Turned out to be a 1971 vintage. Still got it.

CHEVYINLINE6.

bocash3

Bearcat
I did some silly things... yes to buying a gun for a holster I already had, AND buying a holster for one I did NOT have, THEN getting the gun to fit it.

Hey, the gals buy shoes that nothing goes with and wait to find the rest of the stuff to go with it no? We're not so strange in this holster thing :)
Short answer: Yes. And bought a couple because I had magazines and bought guns to fit them.

No I have not purchased a gun to fit a holster. HOWEVER when my father in law died my wife and three sisters split up his gun collection. Some how my wife came home with several boxes of 20ga shot gun ammo and several boxes on .30 cal ammo. There were no weapons to go with this stuff so I did end up buying a 20ga Mossberg.
But nothing in .30 cal.

I try to have ammo for every caliber gun in my collection. However I picked up 360 rounds of new custom loaded 338RUM from an auction and I didn't own anything in that caliber. It started. I had a heck of a time locating something. Finally after months of searching I located a Remington 700 SS for all that ammo. Bipod, Leupold scope, and laminated stock. So it wasn't a holster but the cart was definitely before the horse...

Armybrat

Buckeye
Bought this El Paso Saddlery holster thinking it would fit my Single Seven Birdshead.
It didn't, but prompted me to buy this Bearcat Birdshead that fit it perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_1484.jpeg
    IMG_1484.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1483.jpeg
    IMG_1483.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 10

epags

Single-Sixer
No, I have a holster (and in some cases several) for every hand gun I own, but I found a deal on a $400 rifle scope for $90 despite not having a rifle for it.
1717433118183.png

So I just bought a target 22 rifle (picking it up today from the California 10 day wait jail) and
1717433195685.png

now I have to buy some 30mm rings (on order from Amazon), maybe a 20 degree rail if I want to shoot beyond 100 yards and 1,000 rounds of standard velocity lead (no copper) 22's to condition the barrel. Opps, almost forgot a couple of 10 round magazines.
That scope was a real bargan and that is what I told my spouse. I swore the scope was a real steal.
With shipping and taxes:
$115+$517+$32+$45+$120 = $829
(and I bet there will other 'good stuff' to buy. Can you say wind flags?)

Latest posts