Wow...an Alaskan 45/454 to be proud to own...he's back!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mus408

Hunter
UPS just dropped it off and all I can say is Ruger put it back in great spec.!
Cylinder gap is now a snug .007 and there is hardly any detectable cylinder end play other than needed to rotate....he is tight but right! Cylinder chamber alignment is spot on too.
They put a better quality brushed finish on it than the way I received it the first time.
Included was the test target which is a good ragged hole from 7 yds. off a rest!

Yes a very nice SRH Alaskan we have now and will run some lead though him this weekend!

Mus408

Hunter
My Mernickel Holster should be shipped next week so I can carry it around.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Good to hear it is back and right. You had to wait a bit BUT you will have it for a long long time unless you are one of those guys who changes guns like they change socks. Enjoy !

planetcat

Single-Sixer
That is such an awesome revolver, I can't contain myself. Definitely on the top 3 of next handguns to buy. I bet it shoots great.

Mus408

Hunter
I happened to stop by the same shop I bought this one from and noticed they had another one in the show case. Wonder what shape that one could be in? May check it out next time just for grins!
Now for how it shoots for me...well depends on how I can handle it but it will be a fun learning exercise for sure! :D