Sort of choked me up a little....................

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I was sorting through some papers recently and came across a greeting card. It was from Nita.

During our marriage, I was president and secretary/treasurer of the household. I kept three different accounts: "Her Money," "My Money," and "Our Money." Our Money went for household needs, our accounts went for our "wants," little luxuries we desired. (Such as bullet mney, primers, things like that.)

Sheplers advertised a pair of Tony Lama boots that I admired. The cost was just over $300. I didn't have that much in my account at that time. Nita asked my why I didn't order them and I told her my account was a mit shy of the amount.

A few days later I came in to find a white envelope on my desk, clearly a greeting card size. Opening it up I found three hundred dollars cash inside. At the bottom of the card Nita had written:

"This is for those boots you wanted.
I love you,
Nita"

Bob Wrght

Wvfarrier

Blackhawk
Screenshot_20181010-121719_Facebook.jpg

KIR

Sparks, NV
I was sorting through some papers recently and came across a greeting card. It was from Nita.

During our marriage, I was president and secretary/treasurer of the household. I kept three different accounts: "Her Money," "My Money," and "Our Money." Our Money went for household needs, our accounts went for our "wants," little luxuries we desired. (Such as bullet mney, primers, things like that.)

Sheplers advertised a pair of Tony Lama boots that I admired. The cost was just over $300. I didn't have that much in my account at that time. Nita asked my why I didn't order them and I told her my account was a mit shy of the amount.

A few days later I came in to find a white envelope on my desk, clearly a greeting card size. Opening it up I found three hundred dollars cash inside. At the bottom of the card Nita had written:

"This is for those boots you wanted.
I love you,
Nita"

Bob Wrght
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Kinda got a little mysty at that one.

contender

Ruger Guru
Bob,, it's these little things,, that bring back fond memories that can give us joy & sadness at the same time. But no matter what,, they are very precious!
I'm sure you treasured that card, (and the boots!)

Bob, I can share that experience with you. About six or seven years ago my wife gave me an envelope with a card and the inside it said happy birthday please use this money to go buy that gun that you wanted. That's when I bought my match champion. That gun will never leave as well as the colt 1991 she bought me on our 10th anniversary.
I believe our ladies are special, and our memories of them will never fade or tarnish.

SamV

Buckeye
What a lovely story. I am sure that you feel blessed all over again when you came across this card. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

contender

Ruger Guru
I enjoy seeing these types of replies here.

Why?

It's a wonderful testimony to the love a couple has. I too have been blessed with Miss Penny and many, many wonderful actions, thoughts & such over the years. Yet,, for some reason,, she says I do more to spoil her than necessary. I don't know why,,, but I'll ask her when she takes the elevator down to my level, from her pedestal I put her on.

The living corpse of San Francisco Ca USA
Many years ago my then wife and I were living in a very nice flat in San Francisco. Reasonable rent, nice neighborhood. And then my wife, who could see further down the road than I could, suggested that we buy a house. I disagreed, pointing out that payments would be three times our rent.
After a few arguments I caved in, knowing that she was right. For a couple of years it was red beans and rice...and Ramen.

Several years later Sigrid's much loved aunt died, and left her some bucks. Arriving home from work one day she cornered me and said, "You were kind and listened when I wanted to buy our house. I've decided that my inheritance should go towards that Harley Davidson you've been looking at. Call the dealer. I've made arrangements..."

My wife and I will be celebrating our 58th anniversary next week. While its not always been idyllic, I feel lucky to have met and married her. Now in retirement, I don't begrudge her the seemingly endless $100 and $200 purchases that seem endless for her quilting passion, and she doesn't say a thing when I order a new $700 helmet or jacket for my motorcycling or quietly show up at home with a new gun. Works out nicely.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Bob, I can share that experience with you. About six or seven years ago my wife gave me an envelope with a card and the inside it said happy birthday please use this money to go buy that gun that you wanted. That's when I bought my match champion. That gun will never leave as well as the colt 1991 she bought me on our 10th anniversary.
I believe our ladies are special, and our memories of them will never fade or tarnish.
Thank you for reinforcing the fact that there are good men left, men who work to make a home.

Bob Wroight

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
My wife and I will be celebrating our 58th anniversary next week. While its not always been idyllic, I feel lucky to have met and married her. Now in retirement, I don't begrudge her the seemingly endless $100 and $200 purchases that seem endless for her quilting passion, and she doesn't say a thing when I order a new $700 helmet or jacket for my motorcycling or quietly show up at home with a new gun. Works out nicely.
"Speech is silver; silence is golden."

Bob Wright