Sad day at local Rural King.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Very sad.

I was just going to start a post. I'm here at the Kroger grocery store in Galveston. Not a big town and not a big grocery store.

Yet there are police stationed out in the parking lot and more inside the store.

I said hello to the policeman inside the store, but it's just very sad we have come to this.

Very sad.

I was just going to start a post. I'm here at the Kroger grocery store in Galveston. Not a big town and not a big grocery store.

Yet there are police stationed out in the parking lot and more inside the store.

I said hello to the policeman inside the store, but it's just very sad we have come to this.
So why are they there?????????

Furthermore, I've seen a lot of police being more prominent in areas where there are lots of people.

For example the mall back up in Dallas. The police were in this big stand in the middle of the corridor where they could see everything. Well, and everyone could see them as well.

It's the "police state" mentality I don't wish for.

volshooter

Buckeye
I often shop that location. I've not heard a word about this...
Please keep us updated, especially me.
I split my shopping with that location and Morristown.
This is among other things is the reason I don't go out unarmed in public places.
I hope they catch the scumbag. He will probably get off on some technical reason.
Apparently, we live close.

Ohio! Way too freakin' close to the city!
I worked 19 years for Kroger and a "certain" stores had off duty police officers in the stores monitoring things.....mostly for shoplifting. Most of the time they were in an upstairs office monitoring things via one way windows and video cameras. That was 40 years ago. The only thing different now is that they are visibly on the floor and watching for more than just shoplifters. But then, back in the day we had one perp shoot a hole in the roof during busy shopping!

yankee7809

Single-Sixer
I was over in Halls when this happened. We often go in that store when near by. Truly a sad thing to happen right before Christmas. Certainly tragic anytime of year. I was in retail much of my life and we cautioned employees not to confront shoplifters anymore around ten years ago. Like so many other things shoplifters have become increasingly dangerous. I keep looking at the news to see if this kid gets caught. the sooner the better.