Old Ruger Catalogs

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
Yeah, I remember the road map type. That is the best way to describe it. It was all folded together. I wish they still mad a catalog .....I would buy it, and not expect it to be free......another smart phone wrong here. People can just pop it up on their phones or whatever. I LIKE to be able to hold a hard copy in my hands !!! Oh, I miss them....
For sure , I enjoy just leafing through those catalogs . It's just much simpler and more relaxing than using a device . Great thread by the way !!

TINCANBANDIT is back

Single-Sixer
The 1975 Sears catalog had a Ruger "10-20" for $73.50.
2024-04-02 05_32_05-R.dca256ec7f469802c84b4af54e338598 (1220×1700) and 13 more pages - Persona...png

contender

Ruger Guru
Ruger hasn't produced a paper catalog in several years now. I'd have to double check to see what year was the last one.

However,, currently,, this year,, they did produce a "poster" of their guns. It's a fold out type,, that when closed up is about 15" x 15" I guess. They can be bought in the "Shop Ruger" section for $5.95 I think. It's a 75th Anniversary poster.

I'll check a bit later for the actual dates of the last paper catalogs, and to see what extras I may have.

Star43

Blackhawk
Ruger hasn't produced a paper catalog in several years now. I'd have to double check to see what year was the last one.

However,, currently,, this year,, they did produce a "poster" of their guns. It's a fold out type,, that when closed up is about 15" x 15" I guess. They can be bought in the "Shop Ruger" section for $5.95 I think. It's a 75th Anniversary poster.

I'll check a bit later for the actual dates of the last paper catalogs, and to see what extras I may have.
Thanks for checking. How I got mine was just visiting the different gun shops in the area and different companies all had their yearly catalogs. I would always pick up some from all the various makers. Ruger was always my favorite brand so I definitely picked that up for sure. The last one I saw and have was the 2012 one. I have it some where around here, but it wasn't a full catalog. It was a smaller one and not everything was listed. It was blue in color, but definitely for 2012.....

ah yes ,another thing of the past, , used to get them at any and all the trade shows, got them by the case when we had the gun shops, and when we gave up our last license in the late 90s they had stopped coming around or given out, had to ask for a few years...like noted above, now its all "in your device", sorry but mine just rings or calls out, nothing in there for anyone to look at........still take some catalogs to the guns shows from time to time from the 70s and 80s vintage ( no they do NOT sell) gave a bunch to my neighbor to sell on ebay, he can't sell them either...I still recall many years ago when High Standard moved from Hamden to East Hartford and we spent time at the new plant learning their guns as our shop was a warranty repair shop for them , we spent time in the shipping department throwing out and burning their old High Standard catalogs , guy with a tuxedo on the cover I believe it was and we got rid of hundreds of them, stuff they brought over in the move, yeah then we worked on guns,,ha ha guess we were cheap labor............yeah back then we had met the guy from Southport who was payed to scrap Rugers brass frames and later, cutup and scrap thr Maximums, wish I had take some of the "stuff" that he had set aside,oh well all more Ruger lore, of times gone by.............:((n)

Star43

Blackhawk
ah yes ,another thing of the past, , used to get them at any and all the trade shows, got them by the case when we had the gun shops, and when we gave up our last license in the late 90s they had stopped coming around or given out, had to ask for a few years...like noted above, now its all "in your device", sorry but mine just rings or calls out, nothing in there for anyone to look at........still take some catalogs to the guns shows from time to time from the 70s and 80s vintage ( no they do NOT sell) gave a bunch to my neighbor to sell on ebay, he can't sell them either...I still recall many years ago when High Standard moved from Hamden to East Hartford and we spent time at the new plant learning their guns as our shop was a warranty repair shop for them , we spent time in the shipping department throwing out and burning their old High Standard catalogs , guy with a tuxedo on the cover I believe it was and we got rid of hundreds of them, stuff they brought over in the move, yeah then we worked on guns,,ha ha guess we were cheap labor............yeah back then we had met the guy from Southport who was payed to scrap Rugers brass frames and later, cutup and scrap thr Maximums, wish I had take some of the "stuff" that he had set aside,oh well all more Ruger lore, of times gone by.............:((n)
That is the sad part. As time passes by, I would think that we have to look back and see how things have changed are, No Longer the same. To me, I appreciate the old ways, and I guess I am one of the few, that when I see an old catalog, I would scoop it up and cherish it for what it is. That's me anyway......🙂🙂

For most of us the old catalogs and related items are cherished possessions. We can hope that someone will appreciate them when our time is done. But that is beyond our control once we are gone. They may be enjoyed by someone new or may be in a landfill somewhere. That's why I will try to give as much stuff as possible to someone who will take care of it

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
So out of curiosity , does anyone have any catalogs from 2013 thru 2019 ? I used to order them from time to time direct from ruger and sometimes picked them up at the dealers .

Star43

Blackhawk
There were printed catalogs after 2012 . I have a 2020 catalog that I picked up at the dealer when I bought a wrangler . I remembered it after reading thru on the thread . This catalog is 160 pages .View attachment 43139
That's a nice one Billy. I never saw that one before.....I can say from Stockton to Fresno, I never saw a catalog after 2012. Then again this is California.......160 pages. Nice. 🙂🙂👍

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
That's a nice one Billy. I never saw that one before.....I can say from Stockton to Fresno, I never saw a catalog after 2012. Then again this is California.......160 pages. Nice. 🙂🙂👍
I got it from Grice gun shop when I got my first wrangler . I remember talking to the clerk about lack of catalogs . He went to closet and came back with the one I pictured . I don't recall the reason why they were "secret " . Maybe a call to ruger would gain an explanation ?

Star43

Blackhawk
I got it from Grice gun shop when I got my first wrangler . I remember talking to the clerk about lack of catalogs . He went to closet and came back with the one I pictured . I don't recall the reason why they were "secret " . Maybe a call to ruger would gain an explanation ?
So they were hiding them in a closet ?? Maybe you should go back there. They may have all the Ruger catalogs there in hiding !! ☺️☺️ Well at least you got yours. Why would they want to keep them all locked up, I wonder ?? Strange......

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
So they were hiding them in a closet ?? Maybe you should go back there. They may have all the Ruger catalogs there in hiding !! ☺️☺️ Well at least you got yours. Why would they want to keep them all locked up, I wonder ?? Strange......
I don't know , they have a magazine rack that has lots of handouts for bullets , some gun companies etc. They were on a serve yourself basis . Last time I was there months ago not much there , henry , Mossberg as I recall on Gun companies . I know savage dropped printed catalogs a few years ago as well .😐

contender

Ruger Guru
"So out of curiosity , does anyone have any catalogs from 2013 thru 2019 ?"

Ok, first off, yes I have the ones you asked about.

I have a complete set of printed catalogs from the first flyer in 1949 until the last year of the printed catalog. That year was 2020.
I have some of the printed foreign ones, many of the dealer price sheets, (including some foreign ones,) distributor lists, LEO catalogs,, etc. I built a library of the printed stuff as a reference of what the factory would offer. Sadly,, once they went electronic,, it became nearly impossible to keep up,, as they could easily post something, then later remove it, and we could miss items.

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
"So out of curiosity , does anyone have any catalogs from 2013 thru 2019 ?"

Ok, first off, yes I have the ones you asked about.

I have a complete set of printed catalogs from the first flyer in 1949 until the last year of the printed catalog. That year was 2020.
I have some of the printed foreign ones, many of the dealer price sheets, (including some foreign ones,) distributor lists, LEO catalogs,, etc. I built a library of the printed stuff as a reference of what the factory would offer. Sadly,, once they went electronic,, it became nearly impossible to keep up,, as they could easily post something, then later remove it, and we could miss items.
recently I have been downloading the new catalogue to the usb type sticks for the future .

contender

Ruger Guru
Sadly,, many of the newer catalogs don't sell very well. Too many published. The older ones,, (pre 1968) seem to do better. Then there are a few after 1968 that can command a price. I seem to recall a total of (4) different covers for 1983,, and the .357 Maxi on it. The variations are in the layout of the wording & all. Add in the fact that the Maxi only lasted 2 years,, those do sell.