For Sale NIB Ruger Gunsite Scout EXPORT Model 308 Stainless

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pdsarge

Bearcat
Thinning out the collection. Up for sale is a NIB Ruger Gunsite Scout EXPORT Model - unthreaded 18" Barrel. Rifle is stainless steel in the factory laminated wood stock. Comes with a factory steel 10 round mag and a new, no package Ruger polymer 5 rd magazine. $2000 shipped from my FFL to yours. Pics are located at the link below. Ad is posted elsewhere, so any offers to buy will be accepted by time stamp

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/19437994#Post19437994

pdsarge

Bearcat
Sure, this model was designed to be exported to countries that don't allow threaded muzzles on rifles. This version has an 18 1/2" barrel with an unthreaded muzzle as opposed to the original with the 16" barrel and threaded muzzle. Uncommon to see one, especially new in box. Hope this helps.

pdsarge

Bearcat
Thank you.
Can't argue with your comment about barrel length, but I do have a standard version and it is a handy rifle.

18.5" is what they all should have been, IMO. A 16.5" .308 is just unpleasant, unless you DO put a can on it. Nice rifle.
I would like to see one with a 20" or a 22" barrel. I toyed with the idea of buying one of these rifles and having a 22" barrel made in the same profile. There is a company that can do this - McGowen.