Mk 2 help needed please

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chiefbg

Single-Sixer
I am trying to add an extended magazine release to my gun. I removed the old one and the spring(don't know why I removed the spring) and now I can't figure out how the spring and the release lever are supposed to interact. I bet I've installed and removed it 50 times or more.
One question I have, does the free legs of the spring rest on anything or just hang free? I have been installing the spring with the horseshoe facing towards the bottom of the grip, with the curls toward the back
strap.
Any advice is appreciated… Chiefbg

contender

Ruger Guru
The easiest thing would be to find someone with a MKII and look at how the spring is installed. I'd have to get ahold of mine to see exactly how & where things go together.

And there are a few different types of older magazine releases for the MKI & MKII. I have a couple that you could convert one to a thumb release type. It takes a bit more work,, as you have to modify the hollow plastic grips for the lever.

Dan in MI

Staff member
I will try to get your answer later. If I don't post later feel free to PM and remind me. I do remember they are not fun to install. I did figure out a trick that helps...... if I remember it.

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
I bought my second Ruger standard model to use as a guide when I was getting ready to take my first one completly apart and knew it would be easier if I had some kind of guide.

CHEVYINLINE6.