Carpal Tunnel surgery in the morning...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Huskerguy72

Single-Sixer
Peoples experiences should can vary on this surgery depending on how and when it was done. I had it a few years ago, right wrist and an elbow cubital at the same time. The doc explained how it works, just a tiny slit in the wrist and they insert a thin blade and run it up into your hand and cut things loose. The elbow was fine but the wrist took several months to get right.

Guys that had it done the old way they went in and cut things, not nearly as much fun.

harley08

Blackhawk
I had a fall and broke my left wrist. My Ortho Dr. cut my wrist open and put in a metal plate and 2 screws. Told me I would never have Carpel Tunnel syndrome in the wrist. About a year latter they took out the metal plate and screws.
My hand works fine. I now have a 5 inch scar about 1 inch in my wrist the rest in my arm.
Rocko Rizzo

althor

Bearcat
Not looking forward to it, but will be relieved when the pain is gone. The electric stimuli indicated I should/could do both, but I'm not gonna do them at the same time, so they are doing the steroid injection in the other. It is spring - so much to do- I hope the recovery is fast, and I need at least one hand to mow. etc.

Such a deal.
I had surgery on both wrists at the same time. My surgery was in the morning. I drove to work after lunch when the numbing wore off. This was using the method where they go in with a scope through a small incision in the wrist. I should add that I work on a computer. I would have had a difficult time doing anything that required much strength for a few days.

On a side note, the local nerve blocker didn't take on the first one and it was excruciating. With the second wrist, I barely felt anything.

Hi everyone, I took yesterday off, mostly because my laptop sits on the end table to my left, which was the hand/wrist I had done. Truthfully, I slept most of the afternoon. :) All went well, no issues, and strangely enough to me, no pain. If I do use it some, I can feel where the incisions are, but just tylenol. The most difficult thing is pulling up my pants after bathroom visits. 🤣

Bandages come off soon, then just a bandaid for a few days until stitches come out. Thank you so much for all the well wishes, they definitely helped.

Pyromike

Single-Sixer
Had both done a few years ago about 6 months apart. Learned to wipe with different hands was the challenge. I got a local and watched the computer screen as they did the procedure. Very interesting. Drove myself home each time. Good luck and Stay Strong!

Ride1949

Hunter
^^^My philosophy has always been (and I used to have a button that read) 'Why Be Normal'. :cool:

16530880724985824455848137559546.jpg

O
Not looking forward to it, but will be relieved when the pain is gone. The electric stimuli indicated I should/could do both, but I'm not gonna do them at the same time, so they are doing the steroid injection in the other. It is spring - so much to do- I hope the recovery is fast, and I need at least one hand to mow. etc.

Piece of cake ! Had my right and done September of 22, no pain, ya can't see the scar.

harley08

Blackhawk
^^^My philosophy has always been (and I used to have a button that read) 'Why Be Normal'. :cool:
I call that 'Abby' (as in abnormal)
But my friends in high school always called me 'crazy dave'
May be I'm Abby Crazy?
Rocko Rizzo

spud711

Bearcat
Had both done a few years ago about 6 months apart. Learned to wipe with different hands was the challenge. I got a local and watched the computer screen as they did the procedure. Very interesting. Drove myself home each time. Good luck and Stay Strong!
I have had surgery on both wrists and shoulders. I finally had to have both wrists fused, talk about a pain. I had to learn to adapt. I'm over 80 now and I get by, kind of. The old story "If I knew that I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself".

During the last physical I had, I mentioned to the doctor about my hands, specifically about my thumbs. He tested them and informed me, of which I suspected, arthritis in both thumbs. CBD cream relieves most of the pain.

gjgalligan

Single-Sixer
I had period of CT about 25-30 years ago, was advised to wear the wrist braces while sleeping and it cleared it up.
Last several months I felt the tingling in my hands of it returning so I got the braces back out and problem solved. I figured out that for some reason I was severely bending my wrist while sleeping causing the problem.