Votes: 42 38.9%
  • I don't care

Votes: 14 13.0%
  • What do you have to smoke to see one?

Votes: 20 18.5%

• Total voters

hittman

Staff member
Yet never been a single confirmed ( in focus ) photo, or video, or a road kill or a dead one, etc.
Kinda hard to believe amongst the tens or hundreds of thousands of "sightings" ( WORLD-wide ) there's still no solid proof.

I the 70s, my dad told of a friend who was making prints in mud in the Clackamas River drainage east of Portland. The whole area is heavily visited by people since about an hour drive outside the metro area. He said how his friend was doing it but I don't remember.
I worked graveyard shifts for many years and listened to Coast to Coast nightly. An AM radio station with topics on conspiracy and paranormal stuff. The host didn't normally ask for details and just tell the people tell their tale.
One night a guy said the place and time a few weeks earlier he hit a bigfoot that smashed his car, and he needed a tow truck. As good of a story as it sounded, I was working that area at that time and date. There weren't any vehicle crashes and no tow trucks dispatched to a crash anywhere even close to the little city he said it happened near.

Last edited:
I couldn't care less if someone believes in Sasquatch or not. Lots of people are just not interested enough in looking at the facts.
As far as I'm concerned the question isn't how come "they" haven't found one. The real question is how do you account for the hundreds upon hundreds of people around the country who has seen one. Eye witness testimony is accepted in court, but apparently it doesn't count among people who are afraid of the truth. How do you account for the footprints that have been collected in plaster of Paris that in no way is similar to regular humans. Several scientists and university professors believe the evidence from the foot prints are substantial evidence of the existence.
You haven't seen any research by Todd Standing where he has extremely clear photographic evidence.
Most of the "no" votes should have been "I don't care " because that's way closer to the truth.
There are three kinds of people,
The ones that watch things happen,
The ones that make things happen,
And the ones that wonder what happened.

Last edited:
Someone would have shot one by now.

Or just found a dead one.

Any species needs more than a handful of members to perpetuate itself. I don't know what zoologists would say was the minimum but it has to be around 20 or so. Even with a number that small, and they would all have to live pretty closely to one another to breed, sooner or later evidence of a dead one would appear as well as better proof of a live one.

I think the people pushing this fairy tale do so to make a few bucks in the remote areas of the country where Bigfoot supposedly lives. Reminds me of back in the 1970's when bear hunting was legal in NY state, and bear sightings in various areas were widely publicized. Hunters from NYC would flock to the area, stay in the motels, eat in the restaurants, buy ammo in the gun shops, etc. but it seemed no bears were shot. I suspected local business.

el caminero

Single-Sixer
At that point, the naysaying ninnies began saying, see, they are all fake, you gullibile goons, totally made-up! But also, perversely, insisted all the pre-patterson sightings were backdated and archivally inserted, as well as mandela effect. Some people will say anything for an audience, or an argument.
The best answer for my personal hairy hominid sighting, has always been some whackos in fur-suits. Imagine that! "Furries" in 1969! This WAS californy, tho...
Sometime about 10-12 years ago, the guy who planted all the fake footprints came clean and confessed. And he was hysterically amused about all the people who believed all the bigfoot stories, because he "planted" most of

trebor44

Blackhawk
Idaho, East of Boisemento, or is it Boisangelos
Lived in Weed and Yreka, attended COS and did the drive south from Happy Camp on the dirt road (12 hours) to the paved highway (Redding to Eureka). Back then it may have been possible but today you do need to be "smoken" some wacky tobacky! But the concept does make for some great "reality" TV shows!

TINCANBANDIT is back

Single-Sixer
If they have avoided being photographed OR shot dead by millions of people, for decades worth of folklore..... I'm pretty sure they aren't going to wander out in front of a Buick ;]

No breeding population means no sustainable population. I've hiked and hunted probably thousands of miles in NorCal, OR, WA and Alaska. I've seen sustainable populations of bear, deer, turkey, elk, sheep, cougar, etc. Their scat and tracks everywhere along the way to support their existence. I have never seen anything Bigfoot related.

I'm a NO voter! I do love Harry and the Hendersons though!

humans are supposed to be smart and they get hit by Buicks every day

el caminero

Single-Sixer
Yes, I believe without a doubt. And why not? So many studies. The Study of the Patterson film alone is mind boggling. Experts in all kinds of fields of study. Enlarged digital film that showed Muscles moving when walking, scar tissue, Mammary glands and on and on. One thing for sure, No Two Broke Cowboys with a cheap camera could possibly make a suit like that. They could have made MILLIONS with Hollywood.
I do not believe there are thousands. I believe there are small family groups scattered in Areas of Vast Wilderness.
See, he only brought out the suit, after the man who he said wore it was dead, right? So, if made just for him, wouldnt properly fit anybody else in quite that way. This assumes he wasent making up the story of wearing the suit as a joke, after the death of the alleged wearer. Ive seen a few pics of the guy without the suit, and a few other guys over the years who were built like and move the same way as the star of that shakey super-8 scene. A wellfitted and accurately tailored suit, on amateur film, could decieve many viewers and analysts alike.

Gopher

Single-Sixer
He's real to me, dang it. :LOL:
We were in Broken Bow, Oklahoma a few years ago and they have quite the tourist gimmick based around Bigfoot. These things were everywhere. After a visit to www.thewindfieldcollection.com, I found a pattern and cut it out. I added eyes and put solar lights behind them. I named him Darrell and he has become quite the social media sensation over the last three years. :cool:

Attachments

• Irish.JPG
    Irish.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2134.JPG
    IMG_2134.JPG
    236.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2187.JPG
    IMG_2187.JPG
    246.9 KB · Views: 18
He's real to me, dang it. :LOL:
We were in Broken Bow, Oklahoma a few years ago and they have quite the tourist gimmick based around Bigfoot. These things were everywhere. After a visit to www.thewindfieldcollection.com, I found a pattern and cut it out. I added eyes and put solar lights behind them. I named him Darrell and he has become quite the social media sensation over the last three years. :cool:
Bigfoot is Irish?