A Pretty good Duke Movie

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mike J

Hunter
Just watched this Duke movie. Not to bad and had never seen it. What's not to like with Sophia in it?? :) It was filmed in Libya

Legend of the Lost
1957 · 1 hr 48 min
TV-PG
Adventure · Drama
A scholar, a mercenary, and a prostitute enter the Sahara Desert searching for buried treasure, but their journey soon turns sour.
StarringJohn WayneSophia LorenRossano Brazzi
Directed byHenry Hathaway

Yes, that was a JW sleeper. And of course I had a crush on Sophia. Love the old westerns my favorite of all time with great Actor Kirk Douglas was "LONELY ARE THE BRAVE". In fact Douglas said it was his favorite movie he ever made and his son said the same.

8C95cum.jpg

I might not get to it this weekend as we are about to watch the UGA-Ole Miss game but I will look for those. Always up for a good old movie.

KIR

Sparks, NV
:cool: The images on this web site is going to blind someone here... :eek:o_O:love:

Ride1949

Hunter
Hate to correct you, old friend, but that ain't Sophia Loren. Neither one of 'em. ;)

DUH! Now that's downright embarrassing!🫣

(I really do know the difference between Raquel Welch and Sophia Loren. Honest!)
I plead temporary insanity.

(Don't be modest. You are the corrector.) 😜

Last night I watched The Boy On The Dolphin it was OK , but I didn't care for Sophia's type of roll. Playing the dumb bitchie type roll just didn't seem to fit her.
I thought that Jacques Cousteau invented the Aqua-Lungs. After watching Sophia's swimming scenes I do believe she came up with the best Aqua- Lungs :) :)

Joe Reilly

Single-Sixer
I
Last night I watched The Boy On The Dolphin it was OK , but I didn't care for Sophia's type of roll. Playing the dumb bitchie type roll just didn't seem to fit her.
I thought that Jacques Cousteau invented the Aqua-Lungs. After watching Sophia's swimming scenes I do believe she came up with the best Aqua- Lungs :) :)
I'm guessing hers were real, man's improved (?) versions came along later.

Mike J

Hunter
So my wife & I watched "Legend of the Lost" last night. We liked it. I guess next I need to find the Kirk Douglas movie. I don't think I remember that one either.

Wayne pretty much played the same part in all his movies... a man that stood tall, did not take grief from anyone and if given trouble he returned more than he got. Of course the best line he ever had in a movie was his reply when Robert Deval yelled: "I call that mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man."

"Fill your hand you son of a Rosie O'Donnell!"

EDIT; (can y'all believe this web program changes 'beach", replace the 'ea' with 'it', to RosieO'Donne!?)
How about when Closed Caption changes Hickock45 to Hic___45.

KIR

Sparks, NV
This time of year, I think JW's the Three Godfathers is popular to watch.

el caminero

Single-Sixer
I thought I read that Wayne did Rio Bravo and Eldorado in contrast to High Noon.
In High Noon the sheriff is hoping to depend on the towns people to back him up against the bad guys who are coming to kill him.
Wayne felt that a man should stand on his own... even though in both movies he did have a couple fellows backing him up....
The difference, was, he welcomed their help, but dident expect it of them.

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
That's a feature implemented way back when Carl ran this site . There's a list of several words that get a similar treatment in an effort to keep the standards up a little bit. ;)
Yah. I usually save the program the trouble and just write "Joy Behar" to start with. (Rosie has actually made me laugh once or twice long ago. JB NEVER has, no, not even once.)