A few pics from work...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wbw2

Single-Sixer
My job usually isn't very interesting, but from time to time some neat stuff comes through the yard. Here are a few pics from the last 2 weeks:

There were 150 of these heading south-
007-3.jpg

They were in about 4 different blocks of the same train-
006-2.jpg

These were bound for Brazil-
008-1.jpg

They were purchased by a mining company-
009.jpg

willypete

Bearcat
Very, very cool. I lived in Martinsburg for about 2 years and man do I miss Shoneys!

oregon73

Blackhawk
I had to show these pics to my son--now he's in the other room telling his sister what he saw. "It's a train on a train! But the diesel had no wheels!"

Thank you for sharing the pictures!

Rob

wbw2

Single-Sixer
oregon73 said:
I had to show these pics to my son--now he's in the other room telling his sister what he saw. "It's a train on a train! But the diesel had no wheels!"

Thank you for sharing the pictures!

Rob

Yes, god eyes. The traction motors were all loaded onto adjacent flat cars. They take the traction motors off the flat cars, place them on the rails, then lower the locomotive onto them.

Ferdinand

Single-Sixer
Looks like some of the new generation GE power units. Aren't those made in Eastern PA? What RR do you work for? I've done some business with the DL, NS, and CSX in that region. I suppose you mostly see coal trains. Are the Humvees from Lima OH?

wbw2

Single-Sixer
Ferdinand said:
Looks like some of the new generation GE power units. Aren't those made in Eastern PA? What RR do you work for? I've done some business with the DL, NS, and CSX in that region. I suppose you mostly see coal trains. Are the Humvees from Lima OH?

I work for NS in Hagerstown, MD. No coal cars. I'm not sure where the humvees were going, just that they were headed south.

Ferdinand

Single-Sixer
I'm a fan of the NS, and most other railroads. These are great stocks to own right now, and for the next 5-10 years, I think. If you have more pics to post, I'd love to see them.