Your goal. Take it out and shoot it.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

41Dude

Single-Sixer
On the oldest firearm thread I noticed many firearms in your stash/safe/closet have not been fired in years. That's a little sad but correctable. Let's make this the year of
taking your old friend out and burning up a little ammo.
The sound of freedom :)

I am cleaning up an old 6" Model 19 that I have not used in forever. Time to let it breathe a little in the sun.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
I am a rudimentary collector with nowhere convenient to shoot and although I don't have a whole bunch, there's a different reason each doesn't get used much and probably shouldn't. SD stuff, on the other hand, is hard to excuse "un-use".

41Dude

Single-Sixer
I am a rudimentary collector with nowhere convenient to shoot and although I don't have a whole bunch, there's a different reason each doesn't get used much and probably shouldn't. SD stuff, on the other hand, is hard to excuse "un-use".
I like your GasGuzzler handle. I need to go out in the neighborhood today and get a picture. A guy has an older Plymouth in his driveway. His license plate says.

0MPG (zero mpg not o mpg)

On the oldest firearm thread I noticed many firearms in your stash/safe/closet have not been fired in years. That's a little sad but correctable. Let's make this the year of
taking your old friend out and burning up a little ammo.
The sound of freedom :)

I am cleaning up an old 6" Model 19 that I have not used in forever. Time to let it breathe a little in the sun.
I am guilty of that. I don't shoot many of my old favorites anymore because the old eyes don't like iron sights and I don't want to bastardize them by mounting optics on guns that were not designed for them.

I just can not imagine mounting a scope on my old "Bunny" gun, Stevens 22/410 or on a Remington Model 8 or the Savage Super Sport 30-30 that I shot my first deer with 60+ years ago.

I just keep these old favorites so I can pass them on to the Grand kids that are not big enough to shoot them now.

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
41 has a super idea , get them to the range 👍. I have been doing that lately ,taking an extra gun or two along on range trips . Just handling and shooting them ( for me ) feels almost like an accomplishment . 😊