Ruger popularity rules the roost.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

May not be the right place to post this, but as with many of you, I am members of several gun forums. One is the Colt forum which is usually a very high quality site to find out tons of info on that historic firearm.

Just a few days ago, someone there posted a thread that was entitled, "Show us your Ruger firearms." Once posted, there has been a landside of responses from almost everyone, with pictures and info on their Ruger collections. It is continuing to reign as the most popular thread of recent post. Never seen so many photos and the size of some of their Ruger collections are just mind-blowing. I saw one that looked like a small warehouse!!

Anyway, Colt, S & W and Remington may have carved out a major place in the history of this country, but I am here to tell you that Ruger is one of the taller "hogs at the trough."

hittman

Staff member
Glad they've changed their tune about "generic" non-Colt firearms.
I joined there a few years back apparently right after an ownership change. I'd recently bought a Python and a Trooper.
When I mentioned a Security Six their Admin was quick to let me know such talk was not allowed and continued indiscretions would not be tolerated.

He painted Colt users as snobs to me so …. I just never went back.

wproct

Single-Sixer
I became a Ruger fan back in 1963 as an 18 year old. I would buy magazines featuring the .22 semi-auto target pistol and the Blackhawk single action revolver and drool. I liked the story of the founders of the company and all of the new guns they were introducing. All of the years since has been a steady flow of new and innovative guns and my current collection consists of more Ruger guns than any other manufacturer.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Hey ,,, no suprise .
If You are a "gun guy" you are gonna buy QUALITY, no matter what logo is on it.
Colt Forum still does not talk a lot about Uberti,,,,,, but I bet they all got a few.

Mauser9

Blackhawk
The Vaquero sure is a beauty. Always been a fan since my first 10/22 and now with my R/A 8323. Well built guns overall

Johnnu2

Hunter
Hawkeye28 got me started on Rugers back in the early 1970's.... I remember finding a 4 5/8" OM Flattop in 357 at a local Mn. gun show. It was $50; I asked him what he thought. "BUY IT"; I did and still have it; and been fighting the urge to splurge since then. THANKS SPLITZ.

J.

Pál_K

Single-Sixer
The Vaquero sure is a beauty. Always been a fan since my first 10/22 and now with my R/A 8323. Well built guns overall

Recently Hickok45 has made two videos with a stainless Bisley Vaquero in .45 Colt with white grips. Absolutely beautiful and the fixed sights were dead-on accurate on each.

The only thing I didn't like was the non-traditional loading because it doesn't have a half-cock notch.

I went to the Colt site to see whether they had a Bisley SAA to compare with the Ruger. Nope. Indeed, although they retain the original half-cock mechanism, the owner's manual makes it clear that handling the revolver, rotating the cylinder, or loading it reduces its "collector value" and that firing it will cause "immediate extreme loss of collector value." I suppose so for the Modern Collector. I did find that sentiment on the Colt forums as well as people who just shot them. It's just hard to imagine a mass-produced replica firearm within the last 25 years as being collectible, even if it is a Colt. I mean: if I wanted a collectible Colt SAA, I'd get a real one made prior to 1900 and use a modern one to shoot.

But I do think the stainless Bisley Vaquero is a winner.

magnum0710

Single-Sixer
Further proof more Rugers are used for their intended purpose than the "beauty queen" Colts or Smiths.
Yeah, I said it. :ROFLMAO:
You're not wrong at all, as I've said many times my Security Six from 1974 locks up and shoots like it's a new GP100. God knows how many rounds it seen before I had it and I've put a good amount through it myself.
I think it qualifies as a beauty queen in its own right, the difference is you can feed it all the magnums you want and it'll keep on ticking. Only two things will survive the apocalypse, cockroaches and Rugers revolvers 🤣 🤣 🤣