Recall on The Mac.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gnappi

Blackhawk
At 25,000 miles I got a new 5.0 engine put in my truck for the oil consumption...that was Ford's "fix" for the oil consumption. It turned out it wasn't the engines, but the programming of the whole firing sequence. I got the new engine and it still used oil. What fixed it was a reprogram of the computer.

Ford got it figured after changing out thousands of Coyote engines in the F150s.

Aqualung
This "programming" issue has run amok!

My Silverado is a 2008 and the dolts that "coded" it must not have gone to programming 101 because they never learned the concept of "users last power on state" or "user configured settings".

Thankfully I don't have to re-program my radio stations... Oh wait GM doesn't make the radio, professionals do :)

My son's Genesis has over 100 buttons and touch spots in the driver's space. Maybe when my boy is my age ther'll be several hundred more WITH speech recognition.

If it makes you feel better, Tesla just had ANOTHER recall- this time on 2024 trucks. Accelerator has been sorta doing whatever it wants. EVERYTHING Tesla makes gets recalled. Your truck doesn't sound bad at all. Probably just a seal or ring.

wheelgun1958

Buckeye
Just give me a 7th gen f250 with roll down windows, a good radio, a working a/c, a IH diesel and a stick shift with 4wd and I'd be happy.

I've decided the problem with the transmission($6,000 later) on our 2009 (first year) Ford Flex is actually the dern computer.... this is all wheel drive and I really like that feature. The problem is right around 40mph when it wants to shift it does not shift well... now let me say that it has been replaced and even after that the internal sensors have been replaced and it still did not shift well at that RPM.... then I took it to my local mechanic and had the brakes pads replaced.... dern car drove perfect after that ... until I over loaded the rear section... or one of the tires goes low... for me that is only answer the computer that is controlling the transmission... can't deal with the tires turning at 3 or 4 different speeds....

You know what I can't figure out. Car manufacturers made cars for decades and no one ever needed an entire model returned to the dealer to get fixed.

Today it seems almost every car made needs a recall.

I know there were cars with issues but folks just didn't buy those after a bit. So, manufacturers quit making them.

And don't get me started on hatchet jobs the media did on Corvairs and Jeeps
I don't know about Corvairs, but it wasn't the media that did a hatchet job on "Jeeps". Note those quotes. Chrysler bought them down a notch, but it was Fiat that did a hatchet job on what we call "Jeeps" today, starting in 2009. They bought the rights to the name and then crapped on it. One of the all time worst service records out there for what was at one time a legendary, tough machine. My son has an '87 that is awesome still.

I don't know about Corvairs, but it wasn't the media that did a hatchet job on "Jeeps". Note those quotes. Chrysler bought them down a notch, but it was Fiat that did a hatchet job on what we call "Jeeps" today, starting in 2009. They bought the rights to the name and then crapped on it. One of the all time worst service records out there for what was at one time a legendary, tough machine. My son has an '87 that is awesome still.
60 Minutes did a hatchet job on the CJ-5 decades before. As it turned out a staffer was killed when he rolled his Jeep while traveling at a high rate of speed. 60 minutes faked a bunch of roll over tests. Eventually this was proven, but it was too late for the CJ-5.

Ralph Nader wrote an article "Unsafe at any speed" about the tendency of Corvairs to roll over. Pretty much where he made his bones. And so the Corvair died.

Truth is any vehicle can be rolled or otherwise crashed if you drive it outside of it's performance window. But most people aren't smart enough to realize when they are being spoon fed lies.