Pressures and blast heat 45 Colt vs. 45-70 Trap Door loads?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mus408

Hunter
I have a "Ruger" 45 Colt load that works well for suppressor use on my 45 Colt Henry rifle which is a 325 gr. cast bullet loaded over 8.0 gr. Unique. Bullet speed is right at 1000 FPS and ant fart quiet! The suppressor I use is the Silencer Central Banish 45 rated up to +P 45 ACP loads and any pistol/ carbine lower than .45 not to include any small center fire rifle calibers. Now I would like to use it for 405 gr. 45-70 low pressure Trap Door loads only with speeds below 1000 FPS out a 16 inch barrel.
My 45-70 loads I have used before are a cast 405 bullet loaded with 10-12 gr. Unique out of a Marlin 1895 and a Uberti 1885 High Wall rifle.
Question is will the heat and pressure out of a 16,000 psi 45-70 Trap Door load with 405 gr. bullet be any more than the Ruger 45 Colt 325 gr. 8.0 Unique load?
Silencer Central says the suppressor limits are all about pressure and heat and of course did not recommend it. I just want to stay with the one suppressor I have.
The next up size is the Banish 46 which has a larger diameter which would block my front sights and overkill for pistol use and uses titainium for baffles instead of aluminum.

NikA

Buckeye
I would posit your application will be completely fine. Rugged Obsidian 45 is rated to supersonic .45-70 from a rifle-length barrel with an aluminum outer tube and similar continuous baffle stack. I would also argue at the rates you're going to be firing .45-70 from most platforms, heat is never going to be the primary issue, pressure is. Should be Quickload data somewhere on the pressure difference between the two but I would expect it to be pretty low given the comparable gas volumes.

What sort of chamber pressure are your loads posting? Since most 45/70 loads are fairly low pressure using medium burn rate powder there's probably less gas pressure at the muzzle than with hot loads in a handgun.
The volume and pressure of the gasses exiting the muzzle of the 16" 45/70 would likely be less than +P 45 ACP in a 4-5" barrel. Just to be safe, I'd suggest contacting Silencer Central directly with your question.