Please. Ruger Has Got To Be Next!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Coop

Blackhawk
I don't look on the Semi-Auto thread very often. It is kind of serendipitious that I caught this thread.

I've got my Remington 1911. Fabulous shooter. Only shoots hardball, tho....

'cept it was made in 1943. In 1962 some guy at a place called Camp Perry modified it into a National Match pistol. Slide to Frame fit-up is to die for.

I used to have a P95 and a P97. Sold the 95, and gave my son the 97. I realized I am a single stack, 1911 person. I will certainly add a 1911 to my collection if Ruger offers one.

Coop

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
Coop":ftmdejaf said:
Slide to Frame fit-up is to die for.

Coop
Are you saying it's so tight that it affects reliability? Get it loosened up. :lol:

Coop

Blackhawk
Snake45":19ukqc6f said:
Coop":19ukqc6f said:
Slide to Frame fit-up is to die for.

Coop
Are you saying it's so tight that it affects reliability? Get it loosened up. :lol:

Snake,

It's a target pistol, not a carry gun. Patridge front sight, Micro adjustable rear sight, competition hammer, trigger is awesome, NM barrel, NM bushing, etc., all numbers match.

A real old gem from a old (late) friend.

Coop

Bigfoot62

Bearcat
RMHoward":3enp86lv said:
Serious question. Educate me. What would a Ruger 1911 offer that a P90 wouldnt? Besides being skinnier. I really want to know. Thanks
Rick
Rick,
Do you own a 1911? Have you ever shot a 1911? If not, then we probably can't "educate" you. You wouldn't understand. :wink:
As far as the brand goes, I would be interested in a Ruger 1911 just because it would be a Ruger. Not quite the same, but when Ruger built the LCP, I traded in my Kel-Tec P3AT. Not that there's anything wrong with the Kel-Tec, I just prefer the Ruger. (and I like the grip of the LCP better)
Now, I probably won't be trading in my Springfield Armory blackened stainless Combat model, but I might add a Ruger 1911 to the collection. Below is a link to the 1911 that I have now.
http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=19

Joni Lynn

Bearcat
If Ruger makes one I'll give serious consideration to adopting one.
So many companies already make so many different versions and all that it would be hard to make something unique unto Ruger while still staying true to the original design.

Bigfoot62":mr22gq71 said:
RMHoward":mr22gq71 said:
Serious question. Educate me. What would a Ruger 1911 offer that a P90 wouldnt? Besides being skinnier. I really want to know. Thanks
Rick
Rick,
Do you own a 1911? Have you ever shot a 1911? If not, then we probably can't "educate" you. You wouldn't understand. :wink:
As far as the brand goes, I would be interested in a Ruger 1911 just because it would be a Ruger. Not quite the same, but when Ruger built the LCP, I traded in my Kel-Tec P3AT. Not that there's anything wrong with the Kel-Tec, I just prefer the Ruger. (and I like the grip of the LCP better)
Now, I probably won't be trading in my Springfield Armory blackened stainless Combat model, but I might add a Ruger 1911 to the collection. Below is a link to the 1911 that I have now.
http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=19

On the surface, Bigfoot62's answer sounds pretty arrogant. But I agree with his answer. If a guy has been exposed to a decent 1911, and the bug hasn't been caught, it probably never will. Speaking for myself, and speaking for a whole bunch of guys that agree with me, the 1911 is the most comfortable to shoot, and best fitting in the hand, of any of the full sized semi autos. For me, the 1911's are naturally, very accurate. It also looks like a gun should look, and it's made of materials that guns should be made of. I guess I'm really old-school, as I also really like revolvers.

Kind've like riding a Harley. I'll be the first to admit that there's faster, smoother, and maybe more comfortable bikes, and they get much better mileage, but I sure don't want to cross the country in anything but my Harley. It's a personal thing, and unless you've already experienced a Harley, and agree with me, then I probably cannot talk you into why I think they're the best ride in the world.

And, with all the 1911's on the market, why would I want a Ruger? Because Ruger would give me just one more. I've owned multiple brands of 1911's, even at the same time, and that never kept me from buying the next one. Gun acquiring is another thing that folks ask me why I own so many. Unless you've been there, it's just not explainable.

So, for the folks that would never buy a Ruger 1911, because they're just not necessary, well then, Ruger would not be marketing the gun to them. They would be, however, marketing a product like a 1911, to folks like me, who would be standing in line to buy one. I wont be standing alone.

Give a 1911 a try if you've never tried one. If ya don't agree with me that they're absolutely wonderful works of mechanical art, then that will be not much different than a feller like me, who would never allow a modern Chevrolet in my driveway. It would just mean that different folks may have different tastes, and opinions.

WAYNO.

revhigh

Hawkeye
WAYNO":3uz6tiav said:
the 1911 is the most comfortable to shoot, and best fitting in the hand, of any of the full sized semi autos. For me, the 1911's are naturally, very accurate. It also looks like a gun should look, and it's made of materials that guns should be made of.

That about sums it up !

rev

leejack

Single-Sixer
Just a thought:

I'm guessing that if Ruger made a 1911 that was affordable to the average bear, it would be a good seller.

Some people out there would rather buy a gun made in the USA. Most of the "inexpensive" 1911's are not. If Ruger could compete with Springer, Taurus and RIA (just to name a few), I think they would indeed have a winner.

Ruger does have a loyal following; crazy people like us! :D

Lee

leejack

Single-Sixer
P.S. Ruger, if you are listening?????

Serrations should look like this: IIIII, not like this: /////, or this: ///// /////

The owners manual should be printed on paper and placed neatly in the box; not printed on the gun.

And we don't need air conditioning, leather seats, or a stereo system on a 1911 either!

Lee

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
leejack":27q7k35h said:

Serrations should look like this: IIIII, not like this: /////, or this: ///// /////
Oh yes. But I'm not holding my breath.

The owners manual should be printed on paper and placed neatly in the box; not printed on the gun.
Preach It, Brother Leejack! :wink:

And we don't need air conditioning, leather seats, or a stereo system on a 1911 either!

Lee
Can I get an AY-men from the choir? :wink:

leejack

Single-Sixer
Snake, good to see you again, my friend!

Hope you are still keeping the lefties in check over in the political section. I just needed a break to keep my sanity!

Thanks Snake! :wink:

Lee

JimB120

Bearcat
Brand loyalty, previous good experiences, customer service, any number of factors can enter into someone being swayed to seek what they like from someone they trust.

My first gun was a Ruger .22. When I went looking for a 9mm, I looked around, but ended up with a Ruger, because I had years of good experiences with my .22.

My next purchase will probably be a 1911. I could go buy one today, but my wife would want another Coach bag, or probably a set of luggage depending on which one I chose. :roll:

But I'm content to wait until the Centennial year comes around to see if a company with which I have had a lifetime of good experiences get's into the game!

Plus I like the Bird.

goredsox

Bearcat
I've not doubt of the allure of a Ruger 1911... but the same could be said about a Ruger Lever-Action 30/30, a Ruger pump-action shotgun, a Ruger semi-auto shotgun. If it weren't for those key missing elements, my whole current collection would be Ruger :)

I say these things while also realizing that post-Bill Ruger Ruger is apparently a quite different beast. As evidenced by the recent adds of an AR (Bill spoke of disdain for the AR), and Bill was certainly no fan of the striker-fired plastic guns (SR9). I don't know his feelings about mouse guns like the LCP, but they certainly didn't jump under Bill, when Keltec revived this market.

A

Anonymous

The PH9 is a very nice but snappy 9mm sub. I carry mine everywhere.

Fishslayer

Single-Sixer
leejack":1dqifaa5 said:

Lee

^^^ This!

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
If Ruger made one that looked like this then I might buy it.

COLTWWI083007a.jpg

:wink: