Just "Wow!"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
My church serves dinner on Wednesday nights before the Mid-Week prayder service. Great convience to me and I take advantage of it, especially at its $5.00 price. Our fellowship hall has round tables that seat five folks.

Recently one Wednesday I noticed a man sitting alone, so I introduced myself and joined him. We talked as we ate, and he told me he was a truck driver. He was pretty quiet and talked little. About fifty years old, I figured, and came to church on a Harley motor cycle. Well, over the past couple of months we have talked more, he has a couple of Rugers, and collects Case folding knives, the Shark series.

Last Wednesday evening, he said, "I've got something for you." He pushed a sheathed folding knife across the table to me. It was a Case Hammerhead Shark folding knife.

Bob Wright

jav

Single-Sixer
I been back to the case stores in mo a candy shop got knives lovers I bought a couple I think it's a factory outlet store great prices

Rock185

Bearcat
Case is a very old line of knives. I'm not a collector, but I've had an Case Pawnee for over 40 years. Just a well made, durable, old knife.
Colt 3 5 7 & Case Pawnee knife (11).JPG

Ranger

Single-Sixer
My brother had a case knife collection when he died. Essentially, it is mine now. I know he had traded a couple gold krugerands for a few of them back in the day. Have never checked their present value. I have a knife collection of my own and haven't told anyone the value.

Ranger

Single-Sixer
Back to OP. Good interaction by both parties. Long time, widowed, elderly neighbor was showing me his hatchet and knife collection one day. He had quite a few. As I got ready to leave, he tried to give me one of his knives. I declined as I was worried that he felt he had to buy my time and that his family might find out and think I took advantage. I liked the guy and didn't want that. After he died, I found out he was worth ## millions and no one would have cared about him giving me a $50 knife from his collection. I also realized he had wanted to share his passion for knives and hatchets with me. Wish I could have a do over there and accepted it. Wisdom comes late sometimes.

I've often given things to friends, relatives, even acquaintances. It's always a gesture of appreciation in recognition of time spent or interest shared- or even because they needed something and I had extra. Whenever someone offers me a gift, I accept because what they're really doing is saying- "Take a piece of me with you- remember me when you use it." The old saying "giving is better than receiving" has some truth to it.

I have been wearing the same Case M3F bird and fish knife on my belt for several decades- a gift from my dad. It's in my hand at some point every single day for some use or another. GREAT knife.