ZYTEL injection molded stock

Help Support Ruger Forum:

koko

Bearcat
Does Ruger still make the ZYTEL injection molded stock with RUGER and the Ruger emblem molded in the buttstock or have they switched to the traditional looking synthetic stock on their All Weather 77/22 rifle?

koko

Bearcat
My question is answered. I finally got to the Ruger website and found the Zytel stock offered in the All Weather rifle. I don't know how I got so confused about the issue.

chet15

Hawkeye
I'm not sure Ruger is still making them though. My personal opinion is, they've had those boat paddle stocks made for some time now, and are trying to use them up. Ruger went to the full buttstock Zytel quite a few years ago on their 10/22 and M77 Mark II.
Chet15

sv_libertarian

Bearcat
I have one of those with my stainless 10/22 (currently sporting a folder) and also had one with a blued 10/22 which was my first .22. I rather like them. I'm a bit attached to the one I have, but it is just taking up space on the boat, so may be interested in selling... what are the things worth anyway?

I've always liked them better than any other synthetic stock Ruger offered.

Wardamneagle

Bearcat
Ruger is no longer offering the Zytel on new rifles. As a matter of fact if you go check there websiter now it's no longer listed.

koko

Bearcat
I thought I saw the Zytel stock offered on the "ALL WEATHER" 77/22 on Ruger's website. But I was also under the impression that they had quit making the Zytel injection molded stock and were offering a synthetic stock that looks like everyone else's synthetic stock. It seems that the Zytel stock is no longer available with a blue barrel as it was in the late 80's-early 90's. So I'm still confused. I recently got an ALL WEATHER 77/22 mag. It has a horrible trigger like other Ruger Forum folks talk about. Maybe Ruger no longer offers the Zytel stock in their centerfire rifles as they did in the past. Still trying to figure it out.

opscas

Bearcat
I love the Ruger 77/22 stainless with skeletal stock, I have a 22 and the M77 in .270 Win in stainless with Leupold scopes - one word description - AWESOME! I'm looking for the 77/22 in 22 magnum, anyone know where I could find one with in stainless with Zytel/skeletal stock?

Thanks!

mishtub

Blackhawk
Like this?

22mag.jpg

Lacey Place

Bearcat
I have the all weather 77 / 22 stainless in 22LR. I love the "Boat Paddle" zytel stock! I am not sure I would want it in a high recoiling caliber though. As for the 22 long rifle it's great. Mine has the olive green panels.