Your thoughts on this one.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Heavy Barrel

Single-Sixer
http://v2.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte ... =159906639

pix398811828.jpg

Sugar River

Buckeye
The original caliber marking (458 most likely) has been ground down and restamped by whatever 'smith rechmbered it.

Pete

captainkirk

Blackhawk
Sugar River":153o10j5 said:
The original caliber marking (458 most likely) has been ground down and restamped by whatever 'smith rechmbered it.

Pete

True, this one is not factory. Some well-known smiths will not chamber that size cartridge at those pressures in the #1. It will definitely hurt on both ends and likely crack the stock at the tang if nothing has been done to reinforce it or mitigate recoil.

I notice the seller does not offer a factory letter...

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Also refuses to do any homework/research on it. Wonder if he'd offer the serial # so someone could call records.

radicalrod

Hunter
Well why would he care.....it is over 1200 dollars already.....seems someone likes it........wouldn't it be a HOOT if it turns out the "OLD MAN" had it rechambered for one of his hunting buddy.........but then it would be a steal at the price..........glad I don't do rifles......see ya RR.

Heavy Barrel

Single-Sixer
radicalrod":bqia0aip said:
Well why would he care.....it is over 1200 dollars already.....seems someone likes it........wouldn't it be a HOOT if it turns out the "OLD MAN" had it rechambered for one of his hunting buddy.........but then it would be a steal at the price..........glad I don't do rifles......see ya RR.

Still a pretty crude of stamping the caliber.