Your Opinion Mark II or Mark IV

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The 4 inch bull barrel Mark 2's are the handiest carrying and well balanced. The stainless is a FrankenRuger. 2 of the blued ones are the Lipsey's version and the other is the Ruger MK4B. In a Simply Rugged Explorer pancake holster they carry easy. The Explorer is an open top holster but I think a retention strap is a good idea to make sure it stays put until you unsnap it
20230128_011424.jpg

Byron Bay

Bearcat
Mkiv Hunter, added target grips and wire wheeled the sear down to a little under 2lb pull.
At 25 mtrs it is as accurate as shooting a rifle.
The trigger is the main thing to work on.
I have a Sig P210 in 9mm with a 2lb trigger so the Ruger seemed really heavy till I modified it.
Really added to the guns accuracy and shoots as well as my 9mm now.

Have both the MK II and MK IV and really like both. I seem more accurate with the II but its probably has thousands of rounds through it through my families use of it since late 80s. I don't have a problem with reassembly, just takes a little longer. I'm not sure if the trigger on the MK IV will eventually become the same but I like it just as much and will continue on the quest to find out. I don't plan on any trigger mods at this point.

After reviewing all here, Watertender's 4" SS MK II is absolutely the one to acquire if it can be had!!!

20221217_233051.jpg

The 4" SS Mark II is a FrankenRuger. The upper is from a 22/45 and the lower is from a KMK whatever. It's like a KMK4BL except that it isn't. The trigger pull is rough but I am going to carefully work on it. It carries well and is handy. The T512 above it has a trigger like melted butter! I would like to make the trigger on the FrankenRuger just as smooth.

Stantheman1986

Single-Sixer
I have a Mk I - Standard Model 6" , the original Ruger Luger and I love it. The steel grip frame feels good and I honestly just clean it while it's assembled.

I have a 4" Mk IV sitting at my gun shop right now via Davidson's, I need to go get it. I figured another reliable .22 Ruger can't be bad. I just wanted something that can eat cheap .22 and be a high volume range blaster

I honestly have 0 interest in the non-Ruger Luger Mk pistols, and now that I'm seeing these stainless Mk II's I need one now

Actnbill

Single-Sixer
I have a MK II stainless and a blued MK III 22/45...... I like them both for what they are but my favorite MK finish is stainless by far.... regardless of the series....

GasGuzzler

Hunter
LCI is not an issue unless you prefer nasty ammo and don't clean your gun. The MS can be eliminated with a MKII hammer and bushings, replaced during a trigger job any way. I still vote for the MKIII as I prefer the 22/45 and the MKII didn't offer an RP model like my MKIII to my knowledge. I never looked into a MKIV because I have a MKIII ... and the prices are pretty steep too.

Greekshooter

Bearcat
Traded in my two MKIIs and now have two 3 22/45s. One is the heavier barrel with rails. I put a Romeo red dot on one of the light barrel ones. Kept iro n sights on the others. I'm 76 so decided to go with the easier assembly. I have three grandkids so it made me feel better having three!

GasGuzzler

Hunter
LCI is not an issue unless you prefer nasty ammo and don't clean your gun. The MS can be eliminated with a MKII hammer and bushings, replaced during a trigger job any way. I still vote for the MKIII as I prefer the 22/45 and the MKII didn't offer an RP model like my MKIII to my knowledge. I never looked into a MKIV because I have a MKIII ... and the prices are pretty steep too.
Quoting myself from 7-4 this year. My choice is neither.

bykerhd

Single-Sixer
Zero experience with Mk IVs.
I do have a MkII target, blued with 6 7/8" barrel I've had for about 40 years and a Mk II target 22/45 stainless with the 5 1/4" barrel that I acquired about 15 years ago. Great guns especially the 22/45 after I put a Volquartsen trigger set in it.

Hylander

Single-Sixer
Late to the party, but I prefer the MKIII.
I do the LCI delete and mag disconnect delete along with installing the MKII bushing.
Perfect MK

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
I have one Mk II and one Mk IV Lite. I am very mechanically 'inclined' and still jate taking the Mk II apart (I clean my guns after each day out firing them). Now that I'm OLD AS DIRT, I find my eyesight makes re-assembling the Mk II a PIA; frankly, it was always a PIA even when I could see better. My vote: Mk. IV.

IMHO,
I got my second A100 framed Standard model after telling my wife I needed it as a guide to put my first A100 framed Standard model back together after a complete tear down and cleaning.

CHEVYINLINE6.