You know you're a dog person when...........

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tallbald

Buckeye
At 01:00 in the morning you are still up, hungry, and decide to make yourself a cheese and ham omelet. And your biggest concern is that you try not to wake your four dogs up and have to share your eggs with them. But they do wake up, and you share with them anyhow. Just because. Don Sterchi.

Last week on one of my chimney sweep discussion list several companies with numerous employees were discussing their policies of emphatically having homeowners lock their dogs up before the service technician shows up... seems lots of service companies do this.

I would never consider this.... one of the best parts of my job is going to folks houses and meeting their dogs. I cook my breakfast every morning around 5 o'clock... when the toaster oven bell rings, my dogs get up for their early morning treat.

Tall bald, who is Alpha in your house? You are a push over, and they know it! :). Ok, ok, I resemble that too. I only have two Shelties, but when I eat, they become "Hoovers". NO 5 SECOND RULE! If it hits the floor, IT IS GONE. Reach for it at the risk of pulling back nubbins. :shock: :mrgreen:
Blume, I am with you, as long as a dog isn't aggressive, I don't mind a dog sniffing my pants, hand. When I deliver flowers, most people's dogs have to meet, and greet. Like you I welcome the interaction. 8)
gramps

Tallbald

Buckeye
Gramps I'm not sure who's the alpha. Our big old boxer Ruger rules the roost among the dogs. On another note, I'm just still glad that I'm not obligated to sniff dogs or visitors butts to be considered part of their pack. Don Sterchi.

wwb

Hunter
As one dog said to another when discussing their humans....

"He's my best friend, but I don't understand why. We have so little in common; he doesn't like to sniff other dog's poop or roll in dead, stinky stuff."

If you can identify with that, then you really are a dog person.

More on people and dogs....

1.png

2.png

Prescut

Single-Sixer
I have had a big sign above my desk for years that reads:

"I wish I was half the man my dog thinks I am."

Damn near killed me when I finally lost my old Border Collie.
Prescut

Tallbald said:
Gramps I'm not sure who's the alpha. Our big old boxer Ruger rules the roost among the dogs. On another note, I'm just still glad that I'm not obligated to sniff dogs or visitors butts to be considered part of their pack. Don Sterchi.
Whew I am glad I don't have to do that either! Yeah, Lou I have slept a few nights in the recliner too :)! On cold nights it helps to be sandwiched between two hotdogs! :)
gramps

Poco Oso

Buckeye
Prescut said:
I have had a big sign above my desk for years that reads:

"I wish I was half the man my dog thinks I am."

Damn near killed me when I finally lost my old Border Collie.
Prescut

Yep. I know the feeling. My sign says.
"Dog Is Good".
Great stuff WWB. :lol:

Mobuck

Hawkeye
I'm NOT a dog person(or cat person or any sort of pet person). Dogs and cats have a reason for being on my farm.
I'm looking forward to using Mork and Mindy(yes, I admit choosing those names-I think Robin Williams was a really great comedian and Mindy[don't remember her actual name] was a real hot number back then) as coyote hunting tools. We watched a video about using dogs while calling yoties and my mongrels are destined to become yotie bait(willing or not). I feed them well and keep them healthy but I expect something besides a poop filled dog pen in return.

Mtneer

Single-Sixer
Mobuck said:
I'm NOT a dog person(or cat person or any sort of pet person). Dogs and cats have a reason for being on my farm.
I'm looking forward to using Mork and Mindy(yes, I admit choosing those names-I think Robin Williams was a really great comedian and Mindy[don't remember her actual name] was a real hot number back then) as coyote hunting tools. We watched a video about using dogs while calling yoties and my mongrels are destined to become yotie bait(willing or not). I feed them well and keep them healthy but I expect something besides a poop filled dog pen in return.

Pam Dawber. She's still pretty hot IMO.