Yey, The Kansas City Royals win the prize.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

737tdi

Hunter
Not much more to say, The Kansas City Royals just one the World Series. Awesome job guys.

Most boring game ever until the 9th inning.

Karl

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
737tdi said:
Not much more to say, The Kansas City Royals just one the World Series. Awesome job guys.

Most boring game ever until the 9th inning.

Hi,

I'll bet I'm not the only one who "woke up" when Hosmer tied things up! One of the commentators said it almost looked like the Royals got an advance copy of the script, and it did seem sorta like everything was just "falling into place" the next three innings, didn't it?

Good job, guys! That was a good reward for beating the Blue Jays, wasn't it? ;)

Rick C

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
4kdave said:
They won (not...one) it on Mets errors but I guess a win is a win.

Hi,

Maybe... but I'd bet one of them the Mets' manager won't make again for a while will be to let a player pitch a fit and override a decision he AND his pitching coach have already made! ;)

Rick C

pawncop

Blackhawk
Congratulations to the Royals. They certainly worked hard for the prize. Love their stadium, great food and good beer.

FastEd

Hunter
RIVERSIDE, OH, Home of the Air Force Museum
Queto must be the luckiest man alive today. Went from the last place Reds to the Royals at the end of the season and ended up getting a ring.
The Mets had one glaring problem: their catcher could not throw to second base on a steal. Not even close.

ChiefMuzz

Blackhawk
The best summation of the series I saw was the Royals bet on the Mets to not be able to beat them. All Duda had to do was make a routine throw to home to complete a double play. Hosmer would have been out and the game over. Instead he gave the beer vendor a souvenir and the Royals the series. The Royals stayed aggressive and made the Mets beat them and they simpy couldn't.

737tdi

Hunter
4kdave said:

Oops, sorry. A few Barley malts had been consumed while watching the game (might have been some JD involved as well).

Karl

ProfessorWes

Hunter
Rick Courtright said:
4kdave said:

Hi,

Maybe... but I'd bet one of them the Mets' manager won't make again for a while will be to let a player pitch a fit and override a decision he AND his pitching coach have already made! ;)

Rick C

The NY crowd also wanted to let the pitcher finish the game. Be careful what you wish for . . . :lol:

Yes, I'm still gloating. Not just because I was pulling for the Royals, but also because those of us in small media-market/flyover country wouldn't have heard the end of it if the Mets had won the series. Now that the Royals have taken the crown, though, it's all "Well, the Mets really beat themselves" and whatnot.

Hey, Noo Yawk media: Your tears are just delish. Please cry some more for us. :wink:

ElToro

Single-Sixer
3 blown saves and all those errors by the mets isn't gonna get the job done In the World Series. KC capitalized on their errors. It's a good baseball town. They did the work when it was time to work. Glad they get a parade.

RugerHound

Hunter
I can't handle the commercials so I don't watch baseball anymore... But 30 years ago I watched the Royals get the job done. They're a good organization, and it's VERY seldom that the cream doesn't rise to the surface.

IOW - The best team won! ;)

I was there for game 2. Incredible experience.

Saying one team won only because the other team committed too many errors is like saying one team won only because the other team didn't play as well. :shock: Well, yeah.

Both these teams are tremendous. KC committed some poor plays also that the Mets could have capitalized on. I truly believe the best team won. And I believe the best crowd won. The crowd at Kansas City is great.

It is very nice to be on the winning end. :mrgreen:

WAYNO.

Pierow

Blackhawk
After the Royals won the series the fans in Kansas City sent a serious amount of fireworks into the air. My kind of people:

http://www.weather.com/news/news/world-series-fireworks-kansas-city-radar#/1