Yet another poly revolver, from S&W!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dbarale

Obsolete
Untitled-3.jpg

I guess the LCR sales have been noted...

oregon73

Blackhawk
I wonder if that Smith has their lock on the other side.

Also, it's heavier than the LCR by 8/10 oz. (14.3 oz. vs. 13.5 oz.)

Also, I can't believe I would ever say this, but I think the LCR would win just by "looks" alone! That Smith looks very ho-hum.

I enjoy j-frame Smiths (pre-lock) but that thing does nothing for me.

JMHO
Rob

dbarale

Obsolete
No lock on this one but the cylinder release is placed at the top of the frame and is ambidextrous.
I don't really get the point though as they already have alloy framed revolvers that are lighter than this one?

gak

Buckeye
OTOH, more noteworthy to me is finally a Smith stainless (no porting!) J frame .327. Price aside, very nice to have another DA .327 choice out there now.

Landric

Bearcat
It appears this one is in fact a no lock, much like many other concealed hammer revolvers offered by S&W recently. I don't think it looks awful, not nearly as ugly as the new Taurus offering anyway.

What is really interesting is, based on the pics on the S&W site, the cylinder rotates clockwise. That is really different for S&W.

CZReverend

Bearcat
What is the price point? If it comes out to be 100-200 more for the Smith, I think they will be very disappointed with sales.

Snake45

Hawkeye
And while everyone scrambles to make the smallest, lightest 5-shot .38 possible, the market for a high-quality, minimal sized 6-shot .38 once filled by the Colt Detective Special/Cobra/Agent/Police Positive goes begging. Sigh.

CZReverend

Bearcat
Snake45":1640cunh said:
And while everyone scrambles to make the smallest, lightest 5-shot .38 possible, the market for a high-quality, minimal sized 6-shot .38 once filled by the Colt Detective Special/Cobra/Agent/Police Positive goes begging. Sigh.

Very true!

Guns013.jpg

I could never sell this, for more reasons than one. If I'm not pocket carrying, this thing is with me.

mjh

Single-Sixer
Looks like s&w has a lot of new offerings. How many varitations of a DA .22 revolver does smith have out now? How many does Ruger have?
I'm paritial to Rugers but if I can save enough this year I'll most likely be getting a Smith DA .22 revolver.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
RedHawk44":17pce5w9 said:
Boys, if you want a lightweight 357/38 that is actually worth carrying, why not this?
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... tegory_rn=
Perhaps the $1159 MSRP has something to do with it? Even if it's $800 out the door, that's double the cost of an LCR.

Then again, I was looking at an $1100 Sig recently, and someone suggested I needed the $2500 model to get what I want... :roll:

-- Sam

mattsbox99

Hunter
Shoot a few .357s through that 12 ounce 340 and tell me you like it. I'd much rather have a 6 shot 38/357 SP101 or Speed Six.

Both Taurus guns and the S&W are much uglier than the LCR. Life's too short to own ugly guns.

maxpress

Buckeye
huh, cant even find that on there site.
i guess i always thought the point of that size revolver was inexpensive to get you out of a jam. not an 800 dollar fashion statement.

A

Anonymous

Yosemite Sam":3002l3jf said:
RedHawk44":3002l3jf said:
Boys, if you want a lightweight 357/38 that is actually worth carrying, why not this?
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... tegory_rn=
Perhaps the $1159 MSRP has something to do with it? Even if it's $800 out the door, that's double the cost of an LCR.

Then again, I was looking at an $1100 Sig recently, and someone suggested I needed the $2500 model to get what I want... :roll:

-- Sam

Oh yes, they are expensive, I will grant you that, but I would much prefer to spend the money on a quality gun than have to worry about it's capabilities when a fight starts......but that's just me.