yet, another new 6.5mm cartridge just when I thought it was

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mobuck said:
I have a Grendel and a Creedmore (6.5). Creedmore still unfired but Grendel hasn't impressed me. I spent a very frustrating week trying to generate an accurate load for a 264 Win mag a looong time back and swore I'd never go into 6.5 country again but here I am. I can only hope the 6.5C likes some relatively inexpensive factory loads. The Grendel does like the Hornady ELD and SST ammo well enough to fit my needs.

my older brother got a CZ 527 in the Grendel, about the best it will do is 1 1/2" at 100 yards of the brench with factory ammo and with several different good shooters giving it a go, he was so unhappy with it that he talked me into buying it and now it just sits in my safe waiting for me to firgure out what to do with it :roll:

smith1961

Blackhawk
Hawk-in-Wi said:
Mobuck said:
I have a Grendel and a Creedmore (6.5). Creedmore still unfired but Grendel hasn't impressed me. I spent a very frustrating week trying to generate an accurate load for a 264 Win mag a looong time back and swore I'd never go into 6.5 country again but here I am. I can only hope the 6.5C likes some relatively inexpensive factory loads. The Grendel does like the Hornady ELD and SST ammo well enough to fit my needs.

my older brother got a CZ 527 in the Grendel, about the best it will do is 1 1/2" at 100 yards of the brench with factory ammo and with several different good shooters giving it a go, he was so unhappy with it that he talked me into buying it and now it just sits in my safe waiting for me to firgure out what to do with it :roll:

Like trying handloads maybe :)

Bayouhunter

Single-Sixer
I put together 2 AR Grendels this past year using Lilja Barrels. They both shoot under an inch with handloads. I taken 3 bucks and doe this year plus my grandson bagged his first deer with one of them. 3 of mine were 1 shot kills with the 123gr SST, on one I used 2 shots, my Grandsons buck was 1 shot with the 129gr Nosler ABLR.
All handloads have been loaded with Alliant AR Comp. I couldn't be more satisfied with the Grendel. Ive found accurate loads with the Sierra 130 gr TGK, the Hdy 129 gr Interloc, the 120gr Nosler BT all with AR Comp.
I've always shot 270, 30-06, or 45-70 in model 70's or #1's. This year I've settled on the Grendel in the AR platform mainly due to adjustable stocks, fast follow up shots if needed and own something the Anti's hate. I hunt whitetails and have found that I don't need higher velocity calibers to drop them if I do my part.

Com 45acp

Single-Sixer
My Ruger American Predator 6.5 Creedmoor cuts holes at 100 yards with Hornady 129 gr Interlock factory loads