XS Sight LCR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

HiCap

Bearcat
Has anyone installed one of the XS sights on the LCR, and if so, how much of a job is it to do so?

HiCap

jamstutz

Bearcat
XS Sights is still fine tuning the replacement front sight for the LCR--last I was told it should be available sometime in December 2009.

Cordite

Single-Sixer
Looking at the photo on the XS Sights web page it looks like the replacement front sight is quite a bit taller than the original Ruger sight. It seems that using the channel in the frame with the new sight would move the POI down considerably.

This may be an illusion...does anyone have one of the new XS replacement sights installed on their LCR?

EnzNow

Bearcat
Cordite":1wrogl7m said:
Looking at the photo on the XS Sights web page it looks like the replacement front sight is quite a bit taller than the original Ruger sight. It seems that using the channel in the frame with the new sight would move the POI down considerably.

This may be an illusion...does anyone have one of the new XS replacement sights installed on their LCR?

Thats what it looks like from the photo...but I think it might just be the camra angle? Just ordered...so ill let you know next week.

-EnzNow

jamstutz

Bearcat
The standard dot is the only one offered, but with the Big Dot the sight picture is adjusted a bit. All in all, the trade off for a higher visibility front sight will likely be worth it. I ordered two of these last night--one for each of my LCRs.

deac45

Single-Sixer
On some replacement front sights you have to drill the hole for the pin. I can't recall if this is so for XS sights or not. You may want to be prepared just in case.

deac45

HiCap

Bearcat
Please let us know the installation process and if the POA and POI are the same, or whatever.

HiCap

ranger7

Bearcat
Hasn't anybody received these yet? On one hand, I'm anxious to get one, two or three of these for the family's LCRs, but on the other hand I'd like to hear a review or two from someone who already installed them.

If everything is positive, I may order three to save on shipping. Please let us know when you, who ordered early, get yours.

Thanks in advnce.

jamstutz

Bearcat
They haven't arrived yet, but as far as having to drill, it seems unlikely. I can see it on sights that sit in a groove between two outside walls, but the LCR front sight appears to slip over a retaining post to which it is pinned. There would be no obvious indexing hole indicating where to drill so I would assume that they are likely to be pre-drilled.

I guess we'll see when they arrive.

ranger7

Bearcat
jamstutz,
I agree with your analysis that drilling seems unlikely to be required, but since this mounting method is unfamiliar to me, I think I'll wait for some reviews.

If one sight doesn't meet my expectations that would be bad enough and I guess it isn't only the mounting method I'd like to hear about. Since I want several of these, I think I'll wait. (I do want to try to save one or two $8 shipping charges.) I'll wait for you guys to give your reviews.

Thanks for replying.

EnzNow

Bearcat
Cordite":128qzv11 said:

I was looking at my lcr the other day and noticed that the factory front sights sits the same way as in the picture from XS. That is, it sits a bit higher then the top line of the frame.

I also haven't received my sight yet. There is an order status page...and the tracking section is still blank.

-EnzNow

Cordite

Single-Sixer
Interesting that Ruger suggests in the LCR manual (http://www.ruger.com/products/_manuals/lcr.pdf) on page 22 to line up the top of the front sight with the top of the grip frame.

I am assuming that the top of the grip frame and the sight channel in it are parallel to the barrel bore... I am having trouble understanding Ruger's sighting suggestion with regard to the fact that the front sight is taller than the grip frame. I must be dense but it doesn't make sense to me.

EnzNow

Bearcat
Cordite":10w75bco said:
Interesting that Ruger suggests in the LCR manual (http://www.ruger.com/products/_manuals/lcr.pdf) on page 22 to line up the top of the front sight with the top of the grip frame.

I am assuming that the top of the grip frame and the sight channel in it are parallel to the barrel bore... I am having trouble understanding Ruger's sighting suggestion with regard to the fact that the front sight is taller than the grip frame. I must be dense but it doesn't make sense to me.

I was thinking that maybe the cylinder and barrel aren't exactly parallel with the top line of the frame. They are at a slight angle forward? IDK just a guess?

-EnzNow

jamstutz

Bearcat
The FedEx truck should be delivering the sights for my LCR's today unless the big winter storm that's predicted delays them...

Latest posts