xr3 grips??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flatgate

Hawkeye
I have a couple of pairs of the Ruger supplied "white" grips on some safe queens and am definitely satisfied with my purchase.

I have Eagle Ultra Ivory on a shooter and they are also quite nice.

Of course, "cookie cutter" grips pale in comparison to what is available from the skilled grip makers whom frequent this forum.

JMHO,

flatgate

caryc

Hawkeye
flatgate":sbuqs970 said:
Of course, "cookie cutter" grips pale in comparison to what is available from the skilled grip makers whom frequent this forum.

JMHO,

flatgate

Hmmm....."cookie cutter", where have I heard that phrase before? :wink:

Actually I had a set of the Ruger fake ivory grips that came stock on a gun that I bought. They are actually less "cookie cuttery" (how's that for a phrase) than the wood grips I've talked about. Not at all bad for the price.

That was 3 or 4 years ago. I don't know how the ones produced now are but the only fault I found with them was the color. I thought it was rather sickly looking. It kind of reminded me of looking through a smear of skim milk.

Aggie01

Blackhawk
pvtschultz":3qx0kurd said:
CaryC makes very nice grips and I have a few as well. American Holly makes for a very nice Faux Ivory.
I'm happy with Carl's American Holly grips.
DSCN0783.jpg

maxpress

Buckeye
yeah those are spendy for what they are. i dont mind the money but i would rather spend that much or more to a custom maker. i mean the ones on the ruger site that is.