WTS: Three Rifles

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jgraham1

Buckeye
I have for sale three of my rifles. Two lever and one bolt gun. Your FFL must be willing to accept from a private person. No trades please. Prices are below and I pay the shipping. Email with any questions and more pictures. Thanks for looking.

Jerry

SPF First up is an excellent condition custom built Marlin 1895GBL in 45-70 that was modified by Wild West Guns in Anchorage, Alaska, to their Co-Pilot Takedown model. I bought it new in Juneau, Alaska while I was living there and sent tit o WWG for modification They not only made it a takedown, they installed their Aluminum Magazine Follower, their Bear Proof Ejector, their Ghost Ring Rear Sight, and their Trigger Happy Kit. The barrel was ported to reduce recoil. The rifle originally came with the Brown Laminated Stock and I had a 1" black Pachmayr Decelerator pad installed by WWG and an ammo trap on the underside of the buttstock, which holds four extra rounds. The front sight hood was also opened up to allow light in and a red fiber optic Williams FiresSight installed. The rear buckhorn sight was removed and a plug installed and milled down to match the barrel contours. I also provided WWGs the leather sling and swivels. The rifle was sent to Accurate Plating and Weaponry by WWG to have all the metal matte chromed finished, except for the Williams FiresSight and peep insert in the rear sight, which were matte blued. I have shot the rifle approximately 150 to 200 times and rarely carried it as I carried a Ruger 375 most of the time. Groups with open sights were approximately 1.5" or less. I have the original box and some of the original replaced parts, along with all the original paperwork from the factory. I have no real use for the rifle in Virginia and it is sitting around collecting dust, so I have decided to sell it. Current base price per WWG is over $3000. To build mine now would cost in excess of $3800 with the FET and shipping included. SPF

Second up is a custom built Ruger Hawkeye in 375 Ruger. This is the older model of the Alaskan that is in stainless steel that I bought new in Juneau, Alaska. It had the Hogue Overmold stock when I bought it. I so disliked the stock that I modified the rifle with a Boyds Pepper Laminated stock with stippled grip areas, two action crossbolts, Pachmayr Decelerator 1" black pad, Edwards Recoil Suppressor, and pillar and glass bedded the rifle. I also added a Timney Trigger as the Ruger one was horrible. The barrel was ported to reduce recoil. It has a few minor dings and scratches in the wood and a few scratches on the metal. The bore is excellent and it functions perfectly. I carried it for the last five or so years while living in Alaska and have not used it since moving to the Lower 48 two years ago. It has approximately 200 rounds down the tube and it is time to sell and fund other firearm projects. Groups were about 1" with all loads. This rifle shoots very consistent groups. Cost now to purchase new and modify to this configuration would be well over $1500. Price is $1100.

Third up is a Winchester 94 Carbine in 32 Winchester Special in excellent shape and is one of the very few Flat Band models that were made between 1943 and 1948. This one was made in 1947. Although the records for all Flat Band Models are non-existent, Winchester would stamp the year on the underside of the barrel, just in front of the receiver, and it is stamped 47. It has great original bluing and wood for a rifle that is 70 years old. The front sight insert was replaced with a Sourdough insert and has the hood. The replacement rear sight is a fold down sight to allow the use of the tang sight. I also have a decorative Winchester rear sight plug. The tang peep sight looks like a Marbles sight, but is unmarked. The tang sight comes with two inserts, so you have three possible sight pictures. The barrel band is the Winchester sling swivel style and the buttstock has the same type swivel mounted on it. I have the original tang screw, original tang screw plug for the second hole, the original front sight, but the original rear sight is long gone. I also have 260 once fired Remington brass, 40 once fired Federal brass and 300 of the old Speer (#2259) .321" diameter 170 grain flat nose bullets in their original boxes. The brass are in bags. There is a leather 1" sling with the rifle.

The man I bought it from several years ago said his dad bought it after coming home from WWII and it was bought new at a store in the town where they lived. He got it when his dad passed away. He said it was not shot or carried very often and that appears to be true by its condition. As far as I can tell, the carbine seems to be all original, but for the missing rear sight, which is available online from a number of sources. Unfortunately, I cannot obtain factory records as none were kept during that time period, so there is no way to prove or disprove it is all original, but I have received a lot of speculation! Selling it as a great shooter and an example of war-time Winchester production for the civilian market, not as a pristine collectable. Price is $1100.

Claims Rep.

Single-Sixer
The title of this thread should be Three "Very Nice" Rifles... Whoever buys these should be proud to own them. I've got too many irons in the fire right now, or I'd be a buyer.

single action

Single-Sixer
The flatband is a real treasure, I have one and it is a made up gun, from new and left over parts, bolt type from pre-war hammer post war and of course the flat band, If you want a nice winchester that is real niche find, that is the one to own. IMHO Bob p.s. they arent making them any more...................

jgraham1

Buckeye
Flat bands were only made from 43 to 48 due to war production. They tended to have no markings on the tang with the only markings on the reciever being a serial number. They are distinguished by the barrel band near the front sight being flat instead of rounded and the serial number being between certain numbers.

Jerry