WTS: Ruger Old Model 3-screw Super Blackhawk .44 Mag REDUCED SPF

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Teddydogno1

Single-Sixer
SALE PENDING

For sale is this Ruger Super Blackhawk "Old Model" 3-screw revolver. 44 Magnum, hi-polish blue, 7 1/2" barrel. No box or papers. Not converted with the transfer bar, so it still retains the "4 clicks" in the hammer cocking action. Nice trigger and good lockup and timing. The serial number is 80-59936, which per Ruger's charts makes it a last year Old Model gun from 1973.

I would call this a high level shooter grade gun rather than a collectible. Overall the gun is very nice with the deep, dark blue put on these guns in the late 60s to end of Old Model production. I believe this to be original finish as Ruger started doing the high polish on the Super BH (compared to the dull matte blue on the regular Blackhawk). I apologize for reflections and oil swirls as I have trouble getting good pics of highly reflective guns like this. Please see the photos and judge for yourself and let me know if you want to see a pic of anything else.

The gun is not perfect. It has several small handling marks, a slight rubbing of the blue at the muzzle end of the barrel and quite a bit of carry/shooting wear on the grips and grip frame. The rear of the grip frame also has one spot of rust that I took care to picture. There is some staining on the sides of the hammer.

Price is $800 Shipping to an FFL at buyer's expense (expect $60 or more for fees, shipping and insurance).

Local sale possible in the South Puget Sound are of Washington where the buyer pays the transfer fee at a dealer from Tacoma to Olympia (Sound Sound Guns in Olympia is my preferred dealer). Please let me know if you have any questions.

ruger_omsbh_right.jpg

ruger_omsbh_left.jpg

ruger_omsbh_rightgrip.jpg

ruger_omsbh_rightframe.jpg

ruger_omsbh_rightbarrel.jpg

ruger_omsbh_gripfront.jpg

ruger_omsbh_leftframe.jpg

ruger_omsbh_leftbarrel.jpg

ruger_omsbh_rightfront.jpg

ruger_omsbh_hammerleft.jpg

ruger_omsbh_hammerright.jpg

ruger_omsbh_leftfront.jpg

ruger_omsbh_gripback2.jpg

Rob

Last edited:

Teddydogno1

Single-Sixer
still available

Come on guys! Don't make me put this on Gunbroker!

Last edited: