WTS more gun/military/outdoors related reading

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FS: some good reads, all in excellent or new condition.

I don't do PayPal or credit cards or applepay, but do take cash (remember that?), personal checks made out to me, and all money orders. Please make offers or comments by PM only, not on the thread.

ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING TO CONUS ZIP CODES!

1) SPF "Hell, I Was THERE!" by Elmer Keith.

2) "US Army Uniforms and Equipments, 1889" by the Quartermaster General of the Army. The "milspec manual" for the Army toward the end of the Indian Wars and before and during the Spanish War and Philippine Insurrection and the ensuing Moro fun (which still goes on; my Marine son was working on that in the last decade.... They didn't issue him a Krag, but I suspect he would have preferred it to his M-9). All the "battle rattle" of the day from buttons to bugles and tools to tents (and tent pegs). Insignia and patches. A great source for re-enactors or others interested in militaria. All items illustrated in Quartermaster-authorized drawings w/dimensions. Reprinted as a quality paperback by the U. Nebraska Press. Exc./new condition380 pp. $10 shipped.

3) The eight most recent editions of "Gray's Sporting Journal" all with the excellent Gray's writers, photographers, and illustrators. Lots of original sporting art to illustrate the articles-- the kind of paintings that we had before color photos in all the "outdoors" magazines of my mis-spent youth. All have some articles on fishing and hunting but most focus on one or the other somewhat: "Bird Hunting," "Big Game," "Waterfowling," and "Fly Fishing" editions for example. May/June '18 to March/April '19 issues, plus the 2019 "Alaskan Sportsman" extra edition. Read once and in publisher's shippers. A whole season's reading--all eight premium magazines for $25 OBO shipped

4) "Gun Digest 2015" ed by Jerry Lee. 69th edition of this well-known publication. Contains catalog listings and field tests of guns new that year plus many historical articles such as ".44-40 Sixguns and Rifles"m and "Why Not the Webley?" Five detialed field tests of new guns and four of classic models. Softbound 8 1/2x11" 560 pages new cond. full of b/w and color photos, charts, and tables. $8 shipped

5) "Standard Catalog of Firearms: Collector's Price and Reference Guide, 19th ed. 2009" ed by Don Shideler. complete coverage of collector guns of 19th thru21st century to date with 7500 entties and photos of modern and collectible guns. Special full-color section on the many variations of the Colt .22 caliber single action revolvers ("Frontier Scout," "New Frontier," and ".22 Peacemaker"). Includes CD VERSION. Softound 1503 pp. ew cond. illus w/b/w and full-color photos, lists, and tables $10 shipped.

6) "Arms of the World, 1911" The Alfa catalog of 1911; kind of a European Cabela's catalog of guns and other outdoor items. Many familiar and some very unfamiliar US and European guns, accessories, and hunting gear, Helps you recognize European "off brand" and famous makers' "for the trade" firearms especially. Softbound 8 1/2x11" format 230 pp. Old "Follett Publishing" reprint from the 1950s, intact and completely readable but cover wear and age-browned pages. Like a time machine! (Multilingual including English!).$7 shipped

7) "Savage Arms Catalog, 1973". Shows late Model 99s, early 110-111s, Model 170 pump rifles, classic Savage .22s, all action types of shotguns from the Stevens 94 to the Fox Model BSE, plus new Savage-marked imports (Finnish Valmet O/U shotguns and German Anschutz rifles). Fully illus w/MSRPs of the day, accessories, and Savage-imported match ammo. Softbound 8 1/2x11" format new Cornell Publishing reprint $6 shipped.

TO ORDER put an "I'll take #_____" as a "reply" to this thread. Then I'll reply acknowledging your order, mark the book or books sold (SPF) on the ad, and PM you my payment address and "legal" (first) name for payment. I try to ship the next mail day after I get paid.

About the only things I want for a trade are a good condition leather belt holster (RH) for a Ruger 4" Bearcat, a good used US-made Buck "Special" or "General" sheath knife or a decent Marble's "Ideal" (sheath condition not important on any of these), and a set of excellent working condition blue 1" "Tip-off" rings, the kind that are usually made for grooved .22 rifle receivers. Prefer a known make: Weaver, Burris, Leupold, etc.

THANKS for reading my long post!

Mike Armstrong