WTB: Old Model Blackhawk rear sight assembly

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Trailduster

Bearcat
Hi Folks,

Just picked up a 1971 .30 carbine Blackhawk and I need a complete rear sight assembly.

Owner passed and I purchased from his son.
Original sight was taken off and lost years ago,

Shoot me an email or PM if you have one available.

Thanks In Advance
Doug

Johnnu2

Hunter
I think a 1971 Blackhawk would be a New Model, not an Old Model. As such, you could probably order a sight assembly from Ruger.... or any used parts place i.e. Gun Parts Corp.

J.

Trailduster

Bearcat

G2

Hunter
FWIW: Yes you can order "A Sight" from Ruger that will work, but it's going to be the new style Steel with the Bird. They are nice sight however the fit is usually sloppy. About 5-7 thousandths small.

I agree if you have a OM, you want the good o'l crappy aluminum that it left the factory with, and usually shows wear easily,,, but it is what it is.

Now the up-grade after-market Steel Sight for the Old Model's, was the "Micro" same company that built the Micro Sights used on the OM Flattops.
Only difference is, has the square nose, same body shape as the Aluminum.

As I have found these over the years, have put them on my keeper's/shooter's. They are spend'y ($80-120) by those in the know.
Gun-shop old stock parts boxes, Gun Shows,,,,, Sometimes, Might be rusty, and there cheap.
A very fine bead blast & re-blue, You have a gem.
Sometimes you get to buy a OM and it has the Micro installed. Don't freak out, IMO makes the deal a little sweeter. Way easier to find a Aluminum vs a Micro.
Here is one on my OM 41 Blackhawk.
52316889777_76ab639d6c_c.jpg

The springs, pin & screw are same/same.

Sounds like Contender has you hooked up.😁

Last edited: