WTB: .22 LR cylinder for 1969 Ruger Super Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Trailduster

Bearcat
Hi All,

Like my header says,I'm potentially in the market for a .22 LR cylinder.
Already has the .22 mag cylinder.

The measurement from ratchet to gas ring is
1.62" on the mag cylinder.

Couple of ?'s if I may:

Would it be best to get one from the forum and have it fitted and timed by a local shop,or send it and the revolver to Ruger and have everything done by a trained and experienced Ruger tech?

I know a tech pretty well and he told me he would have to do the conversion on it by law and he could easily fit a New Model cylinder easily and that he does sometimes "forget" to mark converted guns.

He said he'd " forget" to mark mine if I sent it in that he'd take care of mine personally.
Thought that was pretty cool.

Any advantage to having Ruger fit an OM cylinder,if they would do it that is, other than the fact it would be done right.

Thanks to all in advance
Doug

contender

Ruger Guru
It's likely to be less expensive to buy a spare cylinder here. I've never found a "timing" issue in any of the odd cylinders I've gotten for Rugers.
The biggest thing is to get a cylinder the same OAL as your current one. If you find one a few thousands longer,, you can easily hone the front of the boss to fit it.

Your friend is slightly incorrect about them marking the frame. It's NOT a "law". It's a Ruger factory mandate. It's over a lawsuit loss many years ago.

Trailduster

Bearcat
Hey Contender!!!

That's really good to know.👍
Hoping one pops up that's the same as the mag cylinder or like you said,a few thousands longer.