wrangler

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Brules

Single-Sixer
Two questions: 1) Where are Wranglers made?
2) Why do you think Ruger doesn't make a 5.5" Wrangler?

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
The Ruger website says they're made in Prescott AZ, and 6.5" & 7.5" versions have recently been released...No clue why a 5.5" hasn't?..But the Wranger's have obviously been selling well, so there's probably a good chance that could happen down the road.

hittman

Staff member
They still make a 9.5 inch Single Six so a Wrangler in that length can't be far behind.

Bullthrower338

Single-Sixer
I was happy with the wrangler when it came out, I screwed a holster yo my zero turn so that there was always a pistol handy while mowing when I lived in the swamp out east of Houston. It came in handy several times. Hell of a handgun at that price point. I just left it in the holster while it was in garage, cerecoat kept it from turning into a bucket of rust and I kept the thing cleaned every other week. Way better than the heritage offering and it's a ruger!

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
A 16" carbine version similar to the Heritage Rancher would completely bottom out the needle on my coolness meter...🤞

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
My 2 Wranglers are the original 4.62". I have other Single Sixes, Single Tens, Blackhawks and Vaqueros with 3.75, 6, 7.5 and 9" barrels. The 4.62 is simply the best barrel length as far as balance and handling.

It's fun to have a collection, but the 4.62 is optimum, IMHO.

I hope you folks get better accuracy than I get with my Wrangler. I can't leave a hole in an 8 x 10 sheet of paper if I shoot a five shot group. The first shot will make a hole, but the following four will go through the first hole, sucking the paper in behind it. By the time the fifth shot is fired, the vacuum of the bullet will completely close the hole by sucking the paper in behind it. 🤥

Cal30 1906

Single-Sixer
I have a wrangler and most times it shoots well enough but it will on about every 10 shots keyhole. The barrel and crown look good but it still does it and it's not really worth sending it in to have it worked in.

Cal30 1906

Single-Sixer
Barrel is clean and I don't remember what I was shooting that day.
I have an ammo can with assorted brands in it but I don't think I have any thunderbolts in it.
I'll have to pay more attention next time and try different brands.

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
I hope you folks get better accuracy than I get with my Wrangler. I can't leave a hole in an 8 x 10 sheet of paper if I shoot a five shot group. The first shot will make a hole, but the following four will go through the first hole, sucking the paper in behind it. By the time the fifth shot is fired, the vacuum of the bullet will completely close the hole by sucking the paper in behind it. 🤥
Send it back, and maybe they can fix it.

Latest posts