wrangler pins will ush back and forth??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
I just bought a brand new wrangler, I chose it over the LCP II 22lr. I get it home and start a cleaning before I shoot, I notice the hammer pin and the smaller pin below it can be moved back and forth with a good force of a finger. neither will go all the way out in either direction but can be pushed back and forth from flush on one side to flush on the other. Is this normal?, thanks for any help

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Pay no attention to the pin movement, the pins can never come out or affect function.

You have the best possible situation. When the pins don't move like that, they make it a real pain to disassemble the gun. After driving them out, they must be polished to be reinstalled easily or removed the next time. Loctite is unneccesary.

Don't worry, be happy.

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
Thanks everyone, the gun shoots great just a tad high with my hold but center on windage, May have to go get another as they are plentiful right now. thanks again.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
FYI hammer pivot pin on mine falls out without touching it when I remove the grip frame screw/pivot lock during disassembly, stays in place when reassembled with no movement.