Wrangler Accuracy or Lack Thereof

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
The video above seems to indicate that the Wrangler can be very accurate depending on ammunition.

Springer2

Bearcat
It comes down to what you want and what you want to do with the revolver. If you are plinking and happy with the accuracy shown in the video, the Wrangler is fine. I was shooting silhouette some decades back and wanted good accuracy for competition. I bought a Ruger single six, did some testing at 50 yards and Golden Eagle Tgt shot the best of what was commonly available so I went with that. Time passed and I wanted to move up so I got a Freedom Arms revolver. It cost more but it delivered twice the accuracy of the Ruger but cost 4X as much. It was worth it to me for what I wanted it for but I am sure not for everyone. Good luck to you with what ever you decide.

Wasp

🇺🇸
I like my Wrangler Birdshead a lot. It looks fantastic, it feels great and the action is good, including the loading gate I've heard complaints about. I took one leg of the hammer spring off and it lightened the trigger some, maybe half. It's fun and accurate. I shot the groups below offhand at about seven yards as fast as I could cock the hammer and get it on target. I've shot it further and hit what I'm aiming at, so I can't complain a bit. For $200, I'd highly recommend it. In fact, I'd pay double that (after shooting it) if that's what it cost.

Badass.jpg
20221218_163348.jpg
20221218_163331.jpg
20221218_162028.jpg