Wow new rifle caliber from Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tarbe

Bearcat
If I was still a young buck, I'd probably be going after this stuff.

As it is, I have settled on the 45-70 and 30-30 for the short range, a handy 308 for intermediate and my long-throated 26 in barreled 300 H&H for the longer stuff.

I could just get rid of everything else and do it all with the 308. But I like guns....

Actually it is a good move on Rugers part. There arnet to many rifles out in this new caliber and it is a good round.
Very few 7 mags will shoot a 180 gr. bullet due to 1-9 twist barrel.
Then get a faster twist barrel!!! How hard is that??? Whenever I push beyond the performance of the Walmart factory barrels I order a few blanks that I spec and get to work.

rex1

Bearcat
some how i have managed to make it to 75 years old with 444marlin , 308, 22-250 . What always bothered me about shooting 600-800 yards across a canyon ,or up a mountain was i knew who had to go get the animal, so never got into it

Skeet 028

Single-Sixer
I kinda have the feeling that 1000 yard shots on game animals is a bit much. I truly don't think that MOST hunters can do it. I know under perfect conditions it may be easier but there very seldom is anything close to perfect. 500 yards is a very long shot...and that was more than enough for me. I shot my first antelope at 475...At the time I shot rifles most every day...and I knew I could make that shot. I'd much rather take a shot under 100yards. Most people just want to have bragging rights on long range shooting...even when they aren't capable.

Latest posts