Would you consider carrying in a "murse"?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

173rdLRRP

Single-Sixer
I’ve worn a cross body bag (messager bag?) now for over 4 years. Started when my wife was doing chemo therapy, and I was carrying reading material / supplies for both of us.
Book / ipad / barf bag / other extra’s

Covid hit and I added hand sanitizer and extra masks. Yep is also has a rear pocket that fits a medium auto or snubby revolver just fine.

Worn this all sort of places both common, grocery shopping, to Trans Siberian concert.
Am a birder. Carry birding book in it and a revolver or SIG 229

We carried old Claymore bags on patrol in LRRP 1966-67 for readily available extra M26/smoke.

idsubgun

idsubgun
I'm not a murse or fanny pack guy, so no, I wouldn't wear one.
I carry depending on the conditions. Either a IWB, OWB, shoulder holster but the one I use most is a DeSantis Apache ankle holster, with a small automatic on one ankle, and two extra mags on the opposite ankle.
I love it!
My nephew is a cop, and he wears one for his back up pistol. I bought the same set up because he told me he ran all the time with it and it stays right in place. I needed some way to carry when I went with my wife to events that required a suit and tie, and any belt holster would print terribly. Like I said, now it's the holster I normally wear everywhere. And it's so comfortable, I don't even notice it's on.

173rdLRRP

Single-Sixer
I've used a shoulder bag for over 30 years. Started using one when air travel was a constant theme of my employment.
Mine is a "TUMI" leather bag with a large central pocket that allows easy carry for my EDC. I don't use it as such every day however, I prefer OWB in a Kydex holster. I did use the bag as a primary carry method while taking a handgun class and found it to be not only a comfortable carry, but accessible and an easy draw.
As with anything practice makes it better.
We carried a lot of stuff on used Claymore bags on patrol in RVN.

Family and are nature observers. I carry a small musette bag with bird book a 2 4/4 “Taurus 605 revolver. It is unobtrusive in shorts and T-shirt

Years ago I had a MAC 11. It fit nicely into musette bag with bird book with 3 x 30 round magazines. It 20 rps was actually manageable.

bobski

Hunter
i have a leather murse my deceased father in law made for my wife when she was in high school, from cattle hide. its heavy duty, to a point where its so strong and impressive in design that i said id like to use that to honor your dad, and to carry ammo to the trap range in it. i dont cross body it. i sling it on my shoulder. murse bags are common for bird hunting. and are seen as an accessory to many a fine shotgun. im proud to have one....but not in town.

LimaCharlie

Bearcat
I need one large enough for my AR pistol in 300 AAC Blackout and multiple magazines.
AR Pistol

protoolman

Hunter
Maybe I should find a fake Louis Vuitton bag and use the embossed leather to make an outside the waistband holster. It could start a whole new fashion trend.

Latest posts