Would like some info on a flattop please.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

VernTMG

Single-Sixer
Hi all, a while back, I was corresponding with an idividual from this site, about a blackhawk, flattop, .357, 10" 8 groove. I know they are very rare, and expensive. How about a 4-5/8", flattop, .357, 8 groove? Are they pretty rare and expensive as well, or is it just another standard flattop??????? Any info, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

flatgate

Hawkeye
The short barreled 8 groove .357's aren't as scarce as those 8 groove 10 inch guns but are indeed not all that easy to find. RENE estimates production in the 2,500 range.

In this day and age, IMHO, there ain't no such thing as a "standard" Flattop!
All the Old Models are getting quite scarce since the "word has gotten out".

flatgate

VernTMG

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the input flatgate. I know what you are saying, and agree. I own lots of three screws, and Love them. When you say the RENE says about 2500 produced, is that just for this particular configuration? And if so, what is the normal configuration? A 6 groove, or what? Again, any info is always appreciated. Thanks again.

contender

Ruger Guru
From the publisher himself. As usual, excellent info to help collectors. Just another reason this forum is a great place!

VernTMG

Single-Sixer
Contender, I agree. It is a great forum. Chet15, so what are all of the other ones? IE: barrel lengths, grooves, estimated amounts, etc.? Thanks again, for all the info.

TDF

Single-Sixer
VernTMG":ripuwt5s said:
Contender, I agree. It is a great forum. Chet15, so what are all of the other ones? IE: barrel lengths, grooves, estimated amounts, etc.? Thanks again, for all the info.

Sounds to me like you need to invest in a subscription to RENE. It will answer all your questions and is a lot of fun to peruse to boot. JMHO.

TDF

Axehandle

Buckeye
+1 on the RENE recommendation.... It will turn the average Ruger fan into a detail freak! All those rare variations floating around out there just waiting on us to find them... :D

Send Chet15 a PM about RENE... He can HOOK YOU UP!

VernTMG

Single-Sixer
Thanks guys. I have already been in touch with, I believe his name is Chad, about subscribing, and I'm going to. I'm not just average, I'm way above average, but nothing like the RENE. I have LOTS of Rugers, know alot about them, and know people, personally, that work for Ruger. But the little fine details, is where I'm a "tad bit" weak on. You guys are right about that. Not that most care, but I'm hard core enough, that I have the eagle tattooed on my arm. So I will Die, a huge Ruger fan, and it will go in the hole with me. Thanks for all the help guys.

street

Hunter
VernTMG":luh8yhmw said:
Thanks guys. I have already been in touch with, I believe his name is Chad, about subscribing, and I'm going to. I'm not just average, I'm way above average, but nothing like the RENE. I have LOTS of Rugers, know alot about them, and know people, personally, that work for Ruger. But the little fine details, is where I'm a "tad bit" weak on. You guys are right about that. Not that most care, but I'm hard core enough, that I have the eagle tattooed on my arm. So I will Die, a huge Ruger fan, and it will go in the hole with me. Thanks for all the help guys.

Those little details can mean a lot. A lot of people don't know that the difference in a 5 1/2 in Super Single Six in the 500,000 range and a 4 5/8 in. Super Single Six in the 500,000 range is that the 5 1/2 in. is worth about $410.00 to $530.00 and the 4 5/8 in bl. is worth about $2100.00. Information from RENE

This little detail is one of many reasons to get the RENE. It all in there.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=30544

VernTMG

Single-Sixer
Street, you are definately right. I am going to subscribe. What does it say a 4-5/8" flattop .357, 8 groove is worth?

contender

Ruger Guru
Another plug for the RENE. It'll be worth it. As to values,, well, as noted above,, it's in the details,,, AND condition, condition, condition.

VernTMG

Single-Sixer
Well, it definately, isn't pristine. But over all pretty darn good condition, thats for sure. I'm very happy to add it to my collection.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Look in Ruger Forum's Gallery Section for picture posting instructions.

:D

88336637.jpg

flatgate

VernTMG

Single-Sixer
Ok guys, here's some pics. They aren't that great, cause they are from my cell phone, but they will give you an idea. I don't know how to make them bigger either, cause I suck when it comes to computers.

street

Hunter
VernTMG":1k2yyghz said:
Street, you are definately right. I am going to subscribe. What does it say a 4-5/8" flattop .357, 8 groove is worth?

RENE states Type 4, 4 5/8 in. bl. 357 Flattop is $900.

Now before everyone get all excited. And starts writing in and saying that these prices are too high or too low, or depends on condition, what's with the gun, the economy. ect. ect. Read on please!!! This is an average price taken from 30 collectors from across the USA. This is the price that a collector would expect to pay another collector for this gun. This gun is expected to be 95% to 98% finish, with all correct parts on the gun. This is for the gun only with no box, paper work, or anything else. If the gun is 99% or better, expect to pay more. How much more depends on your "Pucker Factor". If it is less then 95%, expect to pay less, depending on the same PF. Per the RENE.

Now these prices are not written in stone. You can luck up and buy some very Rare Rugers for a lot less then the prices in the RENE. These prices in the RENE are just a guide. They are what 30 Collectors from across the USA would expect to pay on and average.