Would it be wise to break up a .357/9mm convertible?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ian03

Single-Sixer
Say you rarely/never used the 9mm cylinder that came with your gun. Would it harm trade/sale value if you were to sell the cylinder? Would it drop into another firearm? It is numbered to the gun.

What kind of value would you put on the 9mm cylinder by itself? It has an obvious turn line but blueing looks excellent otherwise.

Scott

Single-Sixer
Have no idea what it would do to the value of your gun, but I am an example of someone who would pay a lot of money to have a convertible in that configuration. I'm holding out for that format in stainless and 4 5/8" barrel to match my single six.

ian03

Single-Sixer
Scott":1rg608yi said:
Have no idea what it would do to the value of your gun, but I am an example of someone who would pay a lot of money to have a convertible in that configuration. I'm holding out for that format in stainless and 4 5/8" barrel to match my single six.

What's it worth as a package you think?

J.Solo

Single-Sixer
Yes it will effect the value of the gun as the cylinder is associated with that particular serial numbered gun.

It may or may not fit in another Ruger Single Action Revolver.

Value between $50 - $100, depending on what the market is at the time of the sale.

Why not trade or sell your convertable model and get what you want and have some extra money for ammo.

J.Solo