Worst Cannon Shot on Video Ever

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RSIno1

Hunter
We used to fly in and camp on a dry lake in SoCal. We'd do bombing runs with old bowling balls. We drilled a bunch of different sized holes in them so they whistled on the way down.

One could tell that these guys were not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier. After he filled it with powder, He tossed the can (still with powder in it) about five feet from the cannon. Not exactly the safest practice. They lost two bowling balls. I think they might be up on the moon now.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I posted the video again because it didn't do right after the forum changed. So.... if you could not see it before here it is again.
I thought it was funny the recoil ripped the wheels off the dolly and bent the crud out of it. I wonder how they got the cannon back to the truck?

Last edited:

Mobuck

Hawkeye
Although I have no interest in launching bowling balls, I'd just love to have a golf ball launcher on a stable W&E carriage.

noahmercy

Single-Sixer
More fun than beating a cat...hard not to smile at homemade artillery, especially when it's self-mangling. I just wish he'd quit saying "black powder" when he's using a substitute.