world famous bobski mystery thing, #490

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bobski

Hunter
have no clue. anyone? its small, about an inch max.
IMG_4096.JPG

We used them extensively in paper making. Often they were used to keep slime from building up in the press and wire sections. They were also used to provide a deckle edge on the sheet as it went from the wire section to the press section.

Thousands of styles and sizes. And they could be a jet all the way to a wide fan.

I'll find a photographic example...

Just one of many examples...
The felt, or wire must be kept clean and porous. Pulp and paper making is messy, and these high pressure nozzles continuously clean the fabric while the machines are running. And they must be kept running for the showers to be effective. If HP showers are used on stationary clothing, it can quickly cut through the fabric.
wetendshowers_backcover02-434056206.jpg

And here's a photo of a basic paper making machine. Everything rotates. Everything must be kept clean. Forming and carrier fabrics are cleaned constantly with HP showers and jets throughout the machine.
foto-andritz-poels-data-639010761.jpg

Nozzles can be had in virtually any combination of angles, orifice sizes, spray patterns, material (SS-stainless steel for example) etc. I even have some in my yard to water hard to water areas. :cool: These same or similar nozzles are used throughout industry. Lubricating, cooling, cleaning, coating, painting...

Last edited:

eveled

Hunter
Its definitely an oil burner nozzle

Delevan is the manufacturer 60 degree semi solid. Probably a Carlin residential fuel oil burner.

Ok to throw it away. Its missing the strainer.

Latest posts