Working on a New ICORE Classic Revolver

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob R

Single-Sixer
My local dealer Douple R Pawn just got in a 6 Inch GP100.

34sfrlz.jpg

zocbgn.jpg

Not what I would call a bad find. A Half-Lug, Stainless Steel, Adjsutable Sight, Six Incher. It locks up like a bank vault, and looked in new conditiuon. No Box or Papers.
The Serial is: 170-362XX
It has a set of Uncle Mikes grips on it. This was the first set of Uncle Mikes grips I had seen on a GP100. They do not feel bad at all, and like the rest of the revolver they are in as new condition.

I was going to do a before and after picture, however my camera battery was dead. Not much difference anyway just a Marble Orange fiber optic front sight is all you can see. I put a 9# Hammer Spring, and a 10# Latch Spring in it. The Hammer Strut looked better than a new one, but still needed a little file work before polishing. The Hammer Dog had plenty of play, and I shimmed it on both sides after stoneing it flat on both sides, and polishing it. The Trigger was pretty tite, and only took One shim. I polished out the Hammer, but so far I have not put shims on it. I will probably have to build a custom Slave Pin to get Hammer Shims in it.

So far I am impressed with my purchase. Now to get a holster.

Bob R