WooHoo! Sub-two inch groups with my 4" Redhawk!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

andyo5

Single-Sixer
After getting my Redhawk back from customer service, I throated the cylinder and loaded some ammo to see how it shot. This was the first opportunity to shoot the revolver. It shoots well with lead and jacketed bullets. I have discovered that I get my best results in overcast conditions and with reading glasses. Unfortunately, at age 60 my eyes don't work as well as they used to. The glasses make the sights look sharp but the target looks a bit blurry. If I really want to see what the gun will do, this method seems to get the best results for me. All shooting was done from sandbags at 25 yards. On the first target, the circled bullet hole was shot without reading glasses.

Redhawk250XTPHS61.jpg

Redhawk250gXTPBD1.jpg

I have some other targets, with lead and jacketed bullets. My goal is to set the sights so my selected loads will all print at close to the same place.
I have a 14lb spring in the gun, and am using Federal primers.

DGNY

Bearcat
Good work! Happy for you that it shoots well. And your data are helpful.

I like my Merit Disc w/suction cup for sharpness of sights/target [but I am older than you]..

Thanks and

Regards,

Dyson

andyo5

Single-Sixer
DGNY":2npbjyem said:

I like my Merit Disc w/suction cup for sharpness of sights/target [but I am older than you]..

Thanks and

Regards,

Dyson

Dyson, Can you give me specifics on the Merit disc such as the exact description and maybe who sells them?
Andy

Cholo

Staff member
That's some good shootin' Andy!

I like the Merit adapter too.

Merit Corp.
Box 9044
Schenectady, NY 12309
518-346-1420

DGNY

Bearcat
Thanks, Cholo - good info. I recalled they are made here in NY. I obtained mine from Brownells.

One possibility is to go to Brownells.com and at upper left of opening webpage enter Merit and hit search. This comes up:

DELUXE OPTICAL ATTACHMENT
The Original-Attaches Firmly To Glasses-Eliminates "Fuzzy" Sights
Price Range:$4.00 - $65.95 (In Stock)
Mfr:MERIT

Don't know what the $4.00 reference is - mine was a little over $60 a few years ago, when I tired of putting little pieces of electric tape with punch-hole onto shooting glasses!

Best,

Dyson

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
Good shootin!I had to get one of those before someone made a decision to quit making them.Mine is in 45 colt and the hogues came off imediatly and went to the standard redhawk grips as you did.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
DGNY":39s0hifh said:

Thanks and
Regards,
Dyson

MyMerit disc works pretty good (when I use it) but it keeps falling off. My eyes keep changing with cataracts, but not quite bad enuf to get them taken care of. I hope I beat Obama's program.
Sonnytoo

Latest posts