Wonderful groups with my scoped Single Six.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tallbald

Buckeye
Wednesday I went to the range and on a whim took my Weaver 2X scoped 6 1/2 inch stainless Ruger Single Six. The only modifications done to this little gem is a brass button trigger over travel stop, and a snug polished Belt Mountain cylinder pin. The gun is maybe 20 years old. I shot from a measured 25 yards and off a cloth padded rest. I tried some oldish CCI Mini Mag HP's and CCI standard velocity rounds, and to my great surprise was consistently grouping 6 shots in clusters covered by a quarter with the Mini Mag. Several times the holes cut cloverleafs. Occasionally I'd have a flyer I know was my fault (don't know if it was the same chamber because I didn't have a spotting scope to check out each individual shot). Oddly, the standard velocity opened the groups up to about 1 1/2 inch. Fine by me.
Honestly I must have just been having a good day. I didn't remember this SS shooting this well. Made me wish I had had this puppy when I was 15 and running around our 300 acre farm with a pocket full of CCI's. The Weaver scope has wonderful optics and is one of three I own.
Don

Another testimonial proving one should never underestimate the accuracy of an over-the-counter 22 handgun.
When I was young, i could maybe have come close to such accuracy w/o an optic on a good day with the right lighting and such. Now with an optic, good day/bad day doesn't make much diff.
We see this often. Tom's a good shot (when he doesn't muff the trigger) and has good eyes but he nearly always comes out the loser when shooting against my fuzzy vision and a red dot.